Chapter 18: Dammit Ice Scream

Yo, thanks for the continued support everyone, we really apppreciate it when y'all vote/star, comment, and add this story to your reading list. Xanxus666 and I wish you a happy/merry  _______ (Fill the blank with whatever it is that you celebrate).

Disclaimer: Katekyo Hitman Reborn doesn't belong to either one of us.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Tsuna wasn't ashamed to say that he bolted. Not out of fear, but... Yeah, he didn't want to meet up with the other. He'd been exiting the school when he caught sight of Gokudera leaning against the wall. Without any hesitation, he ran in the opposite direction, pushing people out of his way.

Eventually, he made it to the park and immediately slumped against a nearby bench. He sat there, gasping for air because he was stupid enough to hold his breath the whole entire time he ran. 'The hell is wrong with me?! Acting like some good-for-nothing wimp. Damn. Damn!'

He hunched his shoulders, his hand covering his face as he took deep breaths. Whether he did this to get his lungs up and running or to calm down, Tsuna didn't know. Both, if he took the time to think about it. He stayed in that position for what felt like minutes but was actually a couple of hours. The hell?

With his back starting to ache and the chatter in the park growing, Tsuna decided to head on back to base. What he didn't expect to see was an ice cream truck parked down the street. 'A little detour wouldn't hurt anyone; besides, it'll cool me down a bit.'

He stood behind a little girl and her father as they took forever choosing their flavors. Like seriously, pick the one you want before you get to the front of the line. Maybe the father felt his glare or something because he turned around, saw his face, and spouted the first two flavors off the top of his head. They were quick to leave afterwards, the father ignoring his child's protests. Tsuna didn't care though, it was finally his turn to order.

"What would you like," the man in the truck said with a plastic smile on his face.

"May I please have a vanilla ice cream cone." What, he still has manners, they simply weren't needed often.

"That'll be-"

Tsuna didn't hear the rest, attention drawn elsewhere.

A group. A group of suspicious people were lurking around the edges of the playground. They were hiding behind trees. Trying to keep out of sight from the adults, but they couldn't hide from Tsuna's keen eyesight.

Shoving wads of cash into the seller's outstretched hand, he rushed over to the assholes, ignoring the protests that followed.

Tsuna, despite all his questionable morals, would never allow any child to get harmed, especially not when he could do something about it. So, if these losers were child traffickers, then... he'll show them exactly why he's called the Smirking Devil.

He observed how the group seemed to follow a child that had wandered a bit too far from the playground. Narrowing his eyes, Tsuna stalked over to them, no one was going to hurt the curly haired kid.

Only to pause mid step when he saw a familiar girl appear before the quartet. 'Hold on. That's the chick with the same hairstyle as the perverted pineapple.'

Whatever she said to them made their focus change from the child to her. Knowing the kid would no longer be in harm's way for the time being, Tsuna backed off. Curious to see what the girl was planning on doing.

He crept closer to eavesdrop better, hiding in the trees' shadows while enjoying his ice cream. Absentmindedly, noticing that they were members of the Fuyukai-gumi. A yakuza with the largest member count known to start trouble wherever they go. 'What do those idiots from Kokuyo believe they're playing at?'