Chapter 34: Return

Dallas's POV
--

Later tonight, after coming home from the Pack Hospital and dropping Nicole off(reluctantly), I lie in my bed awake thinking about what we need to do about Spencer. After we returned home, my parents took Mason and Ian out of my room and dropped them off in the middle of the forest. My dad wanted to kill them, but I explained to him that they were the reason I hadn't died earlier, and he reluctantly let them go without killing.

As I lie awake, I wonder if Nicole's had any more visions. I quickly shove that thought away. She told me she hadn't had any since three weeks ago, the last time she saw me. Honestly, I wish that she wasn't a Seer because this puts her in so much danger. And now her Father knows. Not even my parents know. They may not act like Spencer when it comes to that, but my dad will try to kill Nicole or take her. He'll go into a rage like he sometimes does; a rage that Mum can't even control. And when he wakes up from it, he'll be depressed for a few days about whoever he killed or hurt. And then things'll be back to normal.

With Nicole, things would never go back to normal. I'd hate my father and I'd probably die. Completely this time. If Nicole were killed.

But I know Mum would have some wisdom for me about what to do for Nicole. But I can't tell her because she would no doubt keep the secret. And I can't let her keep a secret from my father. If he found out, he would be crushed and I can't let them get mad at each other. I've only seen them get mad once at each other. I'm not gonna let it happen again.

I wish Nicole could Mind-Link. But she's not apart of my Pack and I haven't Marked her, yet. Which I don't plan on doing for awhile. We're only fifteen. And she's still new to this whole idea of Mates. It's fragile. I'm lucky she lets me kiss her.

Wow, I haven't thought of Marking her since... I can't remember.

Well. Anyway. I don't know how I'm gonna hang out with Nicole without Spencer finding out.

That's it.

I have to deal with Spencer.

I have to deal with him.

But right now, I need to sleep. But I can't. And I know why.

With a grunt, I heave myself off my bed, ignoring the itching in my back and chest scars. When I told Nicole that they didn't hurt, I kind of lied. Not completely. Because it didn't hurt much. I just didn't want her to be afraid.

Ictus(my wolf. Aka Shock) whispers in my head saying that we can get out. He tells me where to go and how to get there; encouraging me.

I open the door of my room soundlessly and start walking down the hallway quietly. And then my parent's bedroom opens and light floods the hall. I have to squint from the impact.

Standing in the doorway is my mum, rumpled from sleep. She has the best hearing out of my father and I. She can always hear us.

I stop, knowing she's going to ask where I'm going, or she already knows and she'll tell me to go back to bed. But she glances at my bare feet and then back at my face with tired eyes.

And then she smiles and nods, slowly closing the door and heading back to bed. I catch a glimpse of my father slowly starting to sit up from the lack of my mum. I don't know why, but I just sit there, happy to see that image: him realizing she's not there and looking for her.

And then I go back to what I am doing. With a grin, I reach the front door of my house and glance back inside. And then I let Shock take over and shift, tearing into the woods.

--

When I arrive at Nicole's house and shift back, I unlock the door with the spare key kept under the mat.