Chapter 6: Guilt

Nicole's POV
--

Wow. His house, it's huge. The architecture is beautiful and simple, but it makes me feel complete. I love his house.

The walls were white marble and they glittered in the sun as if glitter was glued to it. Tall glass windows dappled the mansion, making it shine even more. The reflection of the glass was beautiful, and tall Palm trees were planted in the front yard. The lawn was trimmed to perfection, not a single blade of grass out of place and the bushes were in meticulous shapes of animals. Most of them were wolves and it made the yard look like a pack of wolves was prancing through.

It truly was beautiful.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a mansion and were rich?" I ask in awe and he just smirks. My heart twists, and a blush rages on my cheeks.

"If I told you that, would you have come with me without a thought?"

"Well... No-"

"Exactly."

He grins and grabs my arm, sending tingles through it, and pulls me up the white sidewalk to his porch. He glances at me with his Emerald eyes and winks before leaning down and pulling a gold key from under the Welcome Mat.

Once the door is unlocked, he marches in smugly as I wipe my feet.

"Hey. No time for that." He pulls me towards a polished marble staircase, not letting me catch a glimpse of the front room.

At the top of the stairs, he pulls me into a room and I glance nervously at the door. He left it open. Thank the goodness.

A game controller lands in my lap as the TV roars to life. Our backpacks lean against a wall as we play Call of Duty.

"I've never seen a girl so interested in video games." He muses.

"Now you have." I grin and flick the toggle to move forwards.

"Well. I'm glad it was you." His accent makes me feel like I'm going to melt into a puddle happiness.

--

After an hour of games, it's five o'clock. Dallas turns off the games and sits back in a stretch. A yawn parts his mouth and I find myself in the same position.

"I should head home." I say and stand, grabbing my backpack and hefting it over my shoulder. He nods and we head downstairs, our feet tapping on the cool marble stairs.

When we reach the bottom, a woman is closing the oak wood door. Her long brown hair flows down her back in cascading curls. When she turns, I almost gasp.

She looks exactly like Dallas minus the brown hair and feminine features. She must be his mother.

Her Emerald eyes are just as enchanting as his, swirling unpredictably and I find myself glancing back and forth between the two.

Her face glows with health and she smiles at me. The only thing missing is the dimples. But she is utterly beautiful.

"You must be Nicole! I've heard a lot about you. I'm Dallas's mother, Carly." Her voice as as soft as silk and sweet as honey. It even contains the same Australian accent Dallas has. Her hand reaches out towards mine and I take it. It's warm and gentle.

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Amicus." I say and smile politely. Her gaze flickers towards Dallas, and they seem to have a conversation. Both of their eyes cloud for a second and it passes as soon as it starts.

She stands straight again, being a good three inches taller than me. But Dallas is still taller than her. He gives her a hug and a peck on the cheek.