Chapter 26: Seer

Dallas's POV
--

There is nothing more confusing than waking up and barely remembering what the heck happened to yourself that makes every limb and cell in your body ache and sting. Your brain feels empty and you don't know where you are.

My eyes snap open when movement becomes apparent around me. I'm surprised to find I'm still in the office that Spencer.....yeah. The blood around me is now dark and dry, caking the floor in layers and streaking my skin. The scars on my face are reforming, and I'm thankful except for the constant stinging of the Wolfsbane.

The movement came from Nicole. How did she get here? No... She found me in all this blood and her father... What did he tell her?

I prop myself up on my elbows, almost slipping from the blood, but manage nonetheless. Nicole kneels next to me, her chin tucked into her chest while the wall behind her supports her back. Her blond hair is tangled and disheveled from... I really don't know what.

Where's Spencer?

And then I see him. Sitting near the desk chair- I should say sprawled on the floor- is her father. A pan lays next to him and a shiny spot on his head suggest blood. How did that-oh.

A sudden twisting and wrenching in my stomach makes me gag, and I turn away from Nicole and heave, my body shaking from the strain. Blood and the contents from my dinner splatter in front of me. My shoulders hunch over as if protecting my dinner. Gross. I know.

The tiles seem to contrast deeply with the pale office walls. Man, my stomach hurts. It squeezes and twists in constant disarray, making me heave and cough and gag and shake from it all. The hope of stopping seems to be attached by a single thread of twine being tugged by a current of pain.

The sticky sensation of sweat mingles on my skin to form beads. It's saltiness mixes with the tang of my blood and creates a bad taste in my mouth as my muscles ache with strain and fatigue. I can't hold myself up much longer, but I also don't want to fall into my dinner.

Another clenching of my stomach makes me dry heave as nausea swirls in my head. The world spins around me. Will Nicole seriously find me passed out in my own throw up? Disgusting.

"Calm down, Dal. You're starting to panic." Her voice startles me and her words resonate off her tongue. I'm shaking from exhaustion as I heave again loudly. As usual, she's right. I am starting to panic.

The only sound in the small, quiet room is my ragged breathing and gagging. "I-I can't- I can't-" my arms give, but I twist so I end up on the floor rather than in my dinner. My cheek presses onto the cold tiles, cooling my sweating body.

My heavy breathing makes me tired and want to sleep. My eyes flutter closed as a final exhalation of exhaustion leaves me.

And then I'm being moved; being draped over something. The sparks assure me that I'm being draped over someone. My shoulders feel squished and unnatural resting in her lap with my head hanging. My neck begins to ache and develop a crick, but then her hand props my head up.

My eyes open to where they are half-lidded and stare at her. What is she doing here? How did she know where we were? Does she know who her father is?

"I know, Dal. Before you ask, I had another vision." A word pops into my head, hanging in the back. "It was of what was going on in here." At this, my eyes close. Another vision of me being weak and helpless. "I came in and he was..." She trails off, making me turn my face towards her to see her expression.

She swallows hard.

"He was beating you." She shudders slightly and her light blue eyes turn to me, so full of despair and hopelessness. "I had the decency to whack him upside-the-head with a pan." She leans closer to me, her honey scented breath washing over me; addictive. "When I came in, you didn't look like you were breathing. You weren't moving. I thought he killed you." Her innocent eyes remind me of those of a puppy dog's; ironic really. Her voice is a deeper version than its usual light tone. Her hair seems to curtain us in a private room as she speaks quietly with the need for silence.