Chapter 39: I Will Find Her

Dallas's POV

--

I'm too late. I should have Marked her. I should have. But when I think about it, I'm glad I didn't. But what do I do now? She's gone.

"Dad. We need to get her back. I can't..." My voice cracks and I look at him, running a hand down my face.

"Don't you dare say you regret not Marking her. I'm not kidding, Dallas." My father's eyes cut through me like a knife. I nod.

"I don't regret it."

He frowns.

"We are going to get that girl back. I will make sure of it if it is the last thing I do. I promise you, Dallas. That girl is the closest thing to..." he trails off but I know what he was going to say. Mum. She is so much like Mum. She takes care of my father and deals with him just like Mum. I think that's what makes me like her so much.

I nod, feeling myself grow pale. I can already feel the distance between us.

"Dad, she's a Seer." I know I shouldn't have betrayed her secret, but he needs to know. There no way he would hurt her. Not when she means so much to the both of us.

My father's silver eyes grow sharper. "What? So she has reoccurring visions? I thought the one about your brother was a vision as in you told her and she had a dream about it. Not literally visions. Does her father know?" I nod and he curses. "That's why he wants her back so bad. Not just because she's his daughter. He wants the visions." His face grows serious. "This is war. I will not stand by and let him use his daughter for power. No. This. This is war." I grin, seeing that old spark in Dad that hasn't been apparent since before Mum died.

Dad and I start working on ways to tell the pack about her and about the war. We've been keeping them away from her due to her lack of knowledge about Werewolves. But it's about time she's introduced.

--

Dad drives us to the PackHouse, a bigger Mansion than our private one and I know Nicole would be amazed. It is built to house our whole Pack; a total of at least a hundred wolves. It is that big. Even I'm amazed.

Dad wants to tell the Pack as soon as possible about the upcoming war so the Warriors can be prepared. He wants everyone to be on the lookout for Nicole.

When we reach the house, I practically jump out of the car. I want this to be over with.

Dad locks the car with a click of his keys and walks to the front door, rapping it with his knuckles. It opens to reveal our Beta, Stan. Stan is a lively man, his brown eyes wild and his blond curls even more so. He's tall and lanky, but not as much as my father.

"Damian! Dallas!" He grins, a toothy grin that reveals a perfect smile. Stan's the kind of man you want to stay away from unless you've already been near him. He is the kind of man that screams 'lookout, shark!' But he has the biggest heart of anyone I know.

My father grins, but something sets Stan off. Him and my father are great friends and can practically see when the other is in distress just by a small movement of their nose.

"What's up?"

"We're going to war, Stan. Call a Meeting."

Stan doesn't even hesitate as he retreats into the house full of people, screaming "Meeting! Meeting! Be down in five!" Best part about him if you ask me. He doesn't ask, he just does it.

Ten minutes later, my father is standing in the Living Room with everyone's attention on him.

"Hello, everyone. You are gathered so I can inform you about a few things. First is the loss of our Luna, Carly." His voice cracks and many people start whispering. Everyone is asking the unspoken question: