Chapter Twenty Six

Once again, is a spicy chapter

-Tay

---------------------------------------------

It took no more than two days for word of Tristan's first lot of business to go around the city, many others coming to see him at the castle to tell him of their woes and though he couldn't help everyone that came, he definitely helped the ones that needed it most. Weeks went by and he was beginning to see many more happy faces among the crowds as he and Theodore walked through the city, inspecting the buildings and talking to the townsfolk about anything they might need. Tristan was more than surprised to see Theodore at ease around the people, smiling at them when speaking at lengths and going so far as to offer a guard or two to help carry loads down to the carts that were travelling out to our farms and back, even offering for the guards to go with some carts to make sure no bandits get to them.

After two months, Tristan went back to the orphanage with Wyatt and Justin to see how the progress had gone with Justin being there every day and he was happy to see the children running around in better quality clothing and that a lot of them had plumped up since he'd been sending down food. Tristan spots Lila and another woman over by the kitchen, cleaning the children's other clothing and immediately goes over to help them though they refuse.

"King Tristan, we can't have you dirtying your hands by cleaning these clothes." Lila says with a frown and Tristan laughs loudly.

"Trust me, I've cleaned my fair share of clothing. Please let me help you."

It takes a little bit of begging and pleading before they let Tristan help, Wyatt and Justin setting to playing with the kids until Tristan is ready to leave, which isn't until the clothes are all hung out to dry and his hands are pruning. It's as he's walking out of the orphanage that he spots the fluffy black locks and vibrant green eyes of Dalton running around with two other kids just outside the door. Seeing him Dalton stops and grins, running over and wrapping his arms around Tristan's hips tightly, proving to Tristan that perhaps he was a little older than he first thought or that all the food he'd been given had caused a growth spurt.

"Thank you, King Tristan!" He says, peering up at him for a moment before going back to playing. To say the brunet was taken back was an understatement as he stands for a couple more minutes watching the child before starting off for the castle at a fast walk with Wyatt and Justin struggling to catch up with his long legs. Twenty minutes passed and he's walking through the castle searching for Theodore, finding the younger man sprawled out over one of the lounges in the library with a book and a plate of fruit. Unaware that Ares and Julia are sitting in the corner on a loveseat, or Wyatt and Justin following close behind him Tristan rushes in and startles Theodore enough to make the book drop from his grasp.

"Gods, Tristan what's got you all excited?" Theodore asks, looking up into those forest green orbs as they look down at him. The green flickering all around Theodore's face with slight panic until he takes a breath.

"I want a child." Tristan demands and Theodore's eyebrows shoot up, both of them turning at the sound of someone choking only to see Julia slapping Ares on the back.

"What do you mean you want a child?"

"I mean, I would like to adopt a child and bring them into our home."

"And what's brought this on so suddenly?" The younger man watches Tristan closely, seeing the tenseness in his shoulders and standing to bring him down to sit on the lounge beside him. "Just talk to me okay? Explain."

"I just think that it's the right time, with everything being so peaceful between the kingdoms and us and I think..." he cuts off, looking down at his hands.

The Prince's Captainजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें