Chapter Seven

Many days later, after the boys had been taught how the inn worked, they were set to their own tasks considering they didn't have the money to actually pay for the room or food they were using and eating. Theo was put to helping patrons to their rooms while Tristan was made to serve them as they ordered food and drinks; he was becoming quite good at pouring beer and chopping bread. He never knew how tiring work like this could be since he never actually had to do any of this stuff before. In the last few days, his mind has been taken over with thoughts of what they were going to do to help get him on the throne but with not many solutions to choose between he was stuck in the inn. Of course there was the upside of being stuck here and that was the fact that Theodore was also stuck there but Tristan was fine with that, his crush was becoming more unbearable and he had to bite his tongue more times than he could count to stop himself from telling Theo about his feelings. Though, Theo hasn't been helping any as he's been purposely getting closer to Tristan and was letting himself study the prince more than he'd like to admit.

It was all to see if he could be sexually attracted to the same sex, and although he thought Tristan was a handsome man he didn't think the other men that Tristan gawked at were good looking or handsome. Maybe it was just the prince he was attracted too? He didn't know, all he knew was that he was very confused – and frustrated.

"Theo, stop frowning like that or you'll scare away people!" Alissia called as she walked over to Tristan to help him prepare for the day ahead.

Surprisingly, it was only Alissia and Micah that spent all their time working at the inn and only had another two people that came to work every now and then; but Theo was quite in awe at the fact they could run this big place with just the two of them. Micah was in the back kitchen, getting ready to cook the food the patrons order when they come down or enter for the first time.

Today was one of the days that the other workers would turn up and Tristan was nervous about meeting them, in the off chance that they recognise him as the prince even though his hair had grow considerably since he left his home. Though so has Theo's, his snow coloured hair now hung to his shoulders and he's been refusing to let Alissia or Micah cut it like Tristan had.

Tristan was brought out of his thoughts when the large doors to the outside world opened, letting in a gust of freezing wind that rivalled against the heat from the fire places in the giant room. Quickly storming into the inn and letting the doors slam behind them were two people; a boy and a girl and although they were shorter than him; they were older than Tristan and they were definitely related; they had the same blond hair with bright blue eyes.

Tristan watches as Theodore's eyes grow wide as the twins shed off their layers of clothes and both their features come into view; they were both very beautiful people and suddenly Tristan felt territorial over his friend as the girls eyes meet with Theodore's and sends him a wink. What Tristan doesn't realise is when the boys eyes wander down his body and back up to his face, Theodore's body stiffens with distrust and he's feeling just as territorial, so much he goes over to Tristan and stands beside him with his arms crossed.

"Alissia, Micah! Where are you both?" The guy calls out, coming to lean against the counter in front of Tristan and Theodore giving them both a once over before turning his attention to the red heads that come out from the kitchen with grins.

"Welcome back you two, how was your few days away?" Micah asks, shaking the boys hand while Alissia engulfs the girl in a hug.

"It was absolutely wonderful, although the long trip has worn us both out and we'd like to head to bed as soon as possible." The girl tells him and smiles towards the white haired man behind the red head.

"Well, you can do that later! We need to introduce you to our newest workers." Alissia starts, gesturing to the two boys behind her. "This is Theodore and Tristan, they'll be staying with us for a while. And you two, this is Julia and Justin. They've been away for a while but normally work here too."