Chapter Eleven

Many days later, the group is still traveling; to where? They don't know, though they did know they would need to find somewhere to safe to lay low which wouldn't be hard to find the further away from their home city. Tristan felt heavy hearted the further he got from his home but knew it was for his safety and as long as Theodore was with him, he was happy.

After many late nights lying together when they stopped and sharing a few little kisses when the others weren't paying attention to them, the boys decided that they wouldn't pursue a real relationship until after all this mess with their pursuers was over and they could relax. They were happy with that and were happy with little meaningful looks that promised a lot to each other. They were content with how everything between them had progressed since Theodore could openly state that he had real feelings for the prince; it only took a good six months of running for it to become a realisation.

The group travelled for another few months, stopping every now and then to steal food they wanted or clothing that was desperately needed; thankfully to Theodore's air magic, not a lot of people understood that their stuff was being stolen until it was gone. Stopping every time they found a body of water to wash in and to sleep near for the night, Tristan and Theo almost never leaving each other's side and despite them wanting to hold off a real relationship or romance, they still shared passionate kisses when the need came to be close, which wasn't very often, and held each other as they slept. They shared an extra few kisses and promised glances when Theodore's birthday finally came around, celebrating the nineteen year old finally turning twenty by dunking him into a stream close to where they had been riding.

They only knew of the moment they had crossed a border into a neighbouring kingdom when they saw the different landscapes surrounding them; instead of lush, rolling hills of grass and trees, they were met with high peaked mounts covered in dark much and snow the closer it got to the top; despite it no longer being winter. Around there were a few people watching the new comers suspiciously but after a moment of nothing bad happening, the guards continued to their posts. Without argument they agree to head to the nearest town and look into purchasing a house for them all to stay in; after selling a few of their horses to pay for it of course.

The first house they came across that was for sale was large enough for all of them to live comfortably together without getting in each other's ways, and luckily it already came with furniture so they didn't have to sell all their horses. Theodore and Tristan decided to take two separate rooms to try and stop themselves from being too intimate with each other when they were trying save it for when they were safe and in their own home again.

The other four noticed this but didn't question it as the boys still hung around each other like nothing had changed, they were just taking a step back to wait and make it special for them both despite the fact that they both weren't virgins.

Settling into the house took a few weeks before everyone was comfortable but it was slightly awkward since Tristan and Julia hadn't shared a glance or any words since Tristan's blow up at her for ridiculing Theodore when the golden eyed boy knew what he was doing. She would steer clear of him and Tristan made no effort to apologise or make sure they were okay with each other, but he was happy when the twins both got jobs to save up their money and the red headed couple also got jobs, letting the two boys stay home since Tristan could be recognised at any moment. So while the other four worked every day, the boys got to hang around the house though they did clean and cook for everyone; Tristan being surprisingly good at cooking after working at the inn for the few months they were there.

Today was sunny and summer was in full force, though it would be ending soon, as the two boys lay in the grass out the back of the property their house was on, thankfully the house was actually located a little bit away from the town so the group had some privacy from stragglers that wanted to steal their things.