32: Hugs

(Your POV)

"Hey darling, we're here." I faintly hear Tom say. I shake it off and relax again, this seat is just so comfortable.

"Baby, wake up." I hear him say again. He shakes me a little by my shoulder.

I scrunch my face and groan as I open my eyes. "What?" I ask annoyed.

"We're here." He says as I start stretching.

"Oh, ok." I look up to see that we are in the driveway of Tom's house.

"The rest of the group is already inside."

I yawn, "ok then let's go in."

Tom gets out of the car and walks over to my side. He opens my door and we walk into the house together.

"We're here!!" Tom yells.

I hear Mai and Sami gasp before running to us. I'm barely able to walk into the house before they give me a huge hug that almost knocks me down.

"Woah, calm down!" I say with a small laugh.

"Sorry" Sami says, but Mai just hugs me tighter.

"Ok, ok!! Mai I'm not going anywhere you can let go now." I say while barely being able to breathe.

Mai let's go of me with a sigh. "Fine, but dude you scared me so bad!"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well first when you got taken, and second you didn't answer our texts this morning. I thought either Tom murdered you or you two had some fun last night." Mai says with a worried look at first but ending with a smirk.

Tom's eyes go wide and I punch Mai in the arm. She giggles and walks back to the living room.

Tom gives me a confused look and opens his mouth to talk but I interrupt him. "Don't ask, don't know."

He laughs and shakes his head. We walk into the living where Haz and Harry are sitting.

"Hey Y/n" Harry says with a smile as he gets up and walks over to Tom and I. He gives me a quick hug and starts talking to Tom.

Haz smiles and walks over to me. He gives me a hug but he holds onto me a little longer than Harry's hug. His hands are on my waist as he pulls me close to him. "It's nice to see you again Y/n." He whispers in my ear.

Before I can say anything back he lets go of me. I look over to Tom on instinct to see him giving Haz the side-eye. Haz doesn't notice it though, and he walks back over to the couch.

When Tom catches my eye he looks away quickly and continues talking to Harry. I stand there awkwardly and start twiddling my fingers before walking off to Sami and Mai.

"Hey!" Mai says when she sees me walking over. Then she notices that I'm not paying attention to her, "You ok?"

I snap towards her and shake my head with a smile, "No sorry, I'm fine."

I'm fine

I didn't think that I would have to ever use that lie again, but I guess I was wrong. It's just easier to put on a smile and fake it then tell people what's really wrong.

"Ok then, I'm so happy your back!" She says.

"Me too, I hated being in that hospital."

"I bet." She says and we both laugh a little.

"Yeah"
———————————————
~A few hours later~

Mai and Sami left a little bit ago and I'm still hanging out with Tom, Harry, and Haz. I haven't talked to Haz since the weird hug we had. It's mainly because I have been avoiding him.

"Hey baby, you ready for me to drive you home?" Tom asks.

"Sure, yeah."

"Ok"

~In the car~

The car is quiet and we aren't talking. This time, the silence feels more awkward and I don't know why. I'm playing with my fingers in my lap while looking out the window. Tom has both hands on the wheel as he drives, he doesn't take his eyes off the road.

Then we make eye contact for a split second, so I turn my head forward and look down. I swallow and take a deep breath. I'm not sure why I feel so anxious right now, but I hate it.

"Princess, you feeling okay?" He asks breaking the silence.

"Oh, y-yeah." I stutter and cringe internally.

"Don't lie to me. Remember, you can tell me anything." He says, and I relax a little.

"I don't know, I just feel a little anxious right now I guess." I say while still looking forward.

"Yeah? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I don't know, just a weird day." I shrug.

"Yeah it is. Just remember baby, if there's anything you need to talk about I want you to know I'm here to listen." He says and gently takes my hand. "Okay?"

"Okay." I say and look over at him with a smile. He smiles back at me and rubs his thumb over my knuckles.

He looks back at the road while continuing to rub my knuckles. It's very relaxing and gives me slight butterflies. Everything about him gives me butterflies, he's just so charming.

We get to my apartment building and Tom let's go of my hand. He unbuckles and looks at me with a small smile, "Don't get out."

I smile and nod my head. He gets out of the car and walks over to my side like he usually does.

We walk into the building together and stop when we get in front of my door.

"Well, goodnight darling." He says.

"Goodnight."

He leans down and gives me a kiss. It's a more passionate kiss than the casual peck on the lips. It doesn't last very long, but it didn't need to.

"I love you." He says when he pulls away.

"I love you too."

I turn around and unlock the door before stepping into the apartment. I turn back to Tom and smile before closing the door behind me. I put my stuff down by the door and yawn. I really am tired and I need some sleep. It would just be better if I had Tom to cuddle with while I fall asleep.

I go to my bedroom and notice that Mai and Sami must already be asleep because it is completely silent except for Sami's light snoring.

I change into some pajamas and wrap myself in warm blankets on my bed. I close my eyes and fall asleep within minutes.

———————————————
A/N

Sorry for posting this chapter at about 3:45 in the morning but whatever.

Promise the next chapter will have some real tea!

Love you guys and thanks for 550 reads!