38: He Left

(Your POV)

"Wait what?" I ask.

"He hasn't been answering our calls or texts, he just left saying he had to go see his family. And he said something about a girl named Emily. (Not based on anyone irl)

"Do you know why he left?" Haz asks.

"I have no idea, he just said to see his family and Emily."

"Oh." I say and drop my head.

"Wait, Haz why is she here?"

"I'll explain, can you get Sami and Mai in the living room?" He asks.

"Yeah."

I follow Haz and Harry as we walk into the living room. I think Harry calls for Mai and Sami but I faintly hear him. All I can think about is Tom.

How could he just leave out of no where? Who's Emily?

Tom doesn't seem like the type of guy to just jump around from one girl to another. Or did I just not know him long enough to really know?

Haz, Harry, and I sit down in the living room and wait for Sami and Mai to get down here. They may be upset or relieved to see me, I honestly don't know. I don't anything for sure right now.

Mai and Sami come running down the stairs and stop dead in their tracks when they see me. The smile on their faces slowly fading, I can't even begin to try and understand what they're thinking.

"Y/n?" Sami asks, walking towards the living room and sitting down. Mai does the same.

"Listen, I have to tell all of you something, Y/n is here because I made a mistake." Haz says and the girls, along with Harry, give him a confused look.

"Mate, what do you mean?" Harry asks.

"I-l mean, I lied."

"Lied about what?" Sami asks impatiently.

"I lied about Y/n, she didn't say any of the things in the 'screenshots' I sent you guys." He says making quotations around the word 'screenshots'. "They were just sent by someone else that I changed the name a photo of to look like Y/n's contact. And the thing about her forcefully kissing me, that was a lie too. I kissed her, r-right in front of Tom. Everything, it was all a lie, just because I liked Y/n." He says and looks at the ground.

Everyone is silent as I can't read the expressions on any of their faces. They just look...shocked, or confused.

"What the fuck Harrison?" Mai asks breaking the silence and making me jump.

"I uh-"

"Why the hell would you do that? That's so low of you, now Tom is gone and he probably won't ever want to talk to Y/n again. Just because you wanted Y/n to yourself?" Mai stands up and yells at him, Haz also stands up.

"I know you're not going to forgive me but I just had to apologize, for everything, I was being the biggest asshole ever. I'm a horrible person just please, if you won't forgive me, forgive Y/n for all the things I told you." He says.

"Of course we'll forgive her!" Sami stands and yells, "she's our best friend for fuck's sake, and you told us all of those lies, we could have lost her forever! All because of you!"

"I understand that..." Haz continues to argue with them but I start to tune out everything they're saying. All I can think about is what Mai said.

Now Tom will never want to talk to me again.

Harry somehow notices and I feel him put his hand on my arm. I jump out of my thoughts and look at Harry.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, but do you want to get away from all this arguing?" He asks and I nod my head.

We both stand up and Harry puts a hand of my shoulder as we walk out to the backyard. Once we get outside and Harry closes the door, I can only faintly hear their arguing. It's not enough though to make out any words.

"I'm so sorry Y/n,"

"For what?"

"The way we treated you after hearing about those lies, we should have heard your side of the story. I just want you to know I am truly sorry." He tells me and smile at him.

"Thank you Harry." I say, he smiles back at me and gives me a hug.

The hug isn't awkward like the one Haz gave me a few weeks ago, but it's also not like how and Tom and I used to hug. It's just a friendly hug, one that says everything's going to be ok, and that they will be with you through all of this.

My arms around his waist as his arms hug around my shoulders, it's comforting. I really needed a hug like this.

He lets go of me and I look up at him, "thanks, I really needed that."

"Me too." He says with a small smile. Then I notice that I can't hear Haz, Mai, and Sami arguing anymore. As if on cue, Mai opens the door to backyard.

"Hey Y/nn," she says calling me by my nickname, "want to head back to the apartment? We can grab McDonald's on the way."

"Yeah," I say with a smile.

"Ok, bye Harry," Mai says as she takes my arm and drags me into the house.

"Bye." He waves.

I expect to see Haz as we walk through the living room to get out of the house, but I don't see him.

"Where's Haz? And where's Sami?" I ask.

"Haz ran up to his room after our talk and Sami is in the car already."

"Oh ok."

We get to the car and start driving to McDonald's. I know I should be excited to finally be on good terms with Sami and Mai, but I still can't get the words out of my head.

Now Tom will never want to talk to me again.

I still love Tom, but now I know he doesn't love me back.

A/N

Omg this book is now #3 in Tomholland! It probably won't stay there but oh well, I'm still super excited!

Thanks so much for 800 reads too!

-Catelynn