10: Sleepover Time

(Your POV)

Tom drives to his house as we sing to more songs in the car. I'm even more happy knowing I don't have any work tomorrow. I text Mai and tell he that I going to hang out with Tom.

(Mai's POV)

"Sami!!" I yell after I get off the phone with Y/n.

"Yeah?" She asks as she comes around the corner with a bag of chips.

"It worked! She believes us!"

"Yes!" Sami starts jumping around.

Yes it's true, I never lost Y/n's car keys, I didn't have to work overtime, Sami didn't go out with her mom for dinner at Applebee's, and Sami did not get sick.

Y/n will thank us later after Tom and her start dating.

Then I get a text notification from my phone.

"Who's that?" Sami asks.

"It's Y/n."

"What did she say?"

"She said that she is going to hang out with Tom at his house!"

"Oh my god!!" Sami yells and we start dancing around.

I'm so happy for Y/n, she deserves a boyfriend. Here last boyfriend, Luke, was super toxic. They broke up about 8 months ago and she hasn't dated or even gone on a date since then.

They dated for a little less that I year and she was miserable. He was one of the jocks in high school. He was rude to her and always told her what to do. She only stayed with him because she thought he was a good person.

He got into her head and she was scared to stand up for herself. He controlled her and she thought that whatever he said was what she had to do.

She told us that while she was dating Luke she felt unhappy and self conscious. She hated the way she looked and she tells us that she still does to this day.

Luke really messed her up and Y/n hasn't fully recovered from it.

They broke up because she found out he was cheating on her. He has been cheating on her for 2 months before she caught him. She found out from getting onto his phone and reading his messages, and once Mai found out she beat the shit out of him.

She needs Tom
———————————————
(Your POV)

We get to Tom's house and he parks in the driveway.

"Don't get out." He says as he steps out of the car.

"What?"

He walks around to the other side of the car and opens my door for me. He gives me a sweet smile and hold out a hand for me.

"Oh wow." I say sarcastically as I take his hand and get out.

"What? I was raised to be a gentleman." He says with a small laugh.

"Ohhhh" I say pretending to sound surprised. We both laugh as we walk inside the house.

When we walk in Haz and Harry are sitting on the couch watching tv. They look at us surprised, I guess Tom didn't tell them I was coming.

"So you're bringing home girls now?" Haz asks in an annoying tone.

"No! Haz shut up! She can't go to her apartment because one of her friends is sick. Her other friend is going to take care of them." Tom explains.

"Oh ok." Haz says in a sarcastic voice. I roll my eyes and laugh.

Haz laughs with me as he gets off the couch and walks over to me.

"Well Y/n, have you eaten dinner yet?" He asks nicely. All the sarcasm in his voice is gone.

"No I haven't." I say.

"Well we have some pizza sitting over there if you want some." He points to the kitchen where two pizza boxes are sitting on the counter.

"Thank you!" I say as I walk into the kitchen. I'm starving.

(Tom's POV)

I'm glad that Haz likes Y/n, but I feel like that was a little too nice.

I knew there was pizza in the kitchen, so I could have told her that.

What am I thinking, he just wanted to make a good impression maybe. Yeah! After all the weird things she has heard him say he didn't want Y/n to think of him like that.

I convince myself that he's just trying to be nice, but a part of me doesn't believe it.

As I'm thinking about this Y/n and Haz are sitting in the kitchen eating pizza, talking, and laughing together. I have to try my hardest to keep a smile on my face and not glare at Haz.

Y/n looks at me and smiles while pointing at the pizza, then she signals for me to come over there. I immediately forget why I was mad at Haz and I smile back at her before walking into the kitchen.

"How are you not starving?" Y/n asks before she takes another bite. I see Haz smile down at her.

"I don't know darling, but all that singing in the car tired me out." I say as I grab a piece of pizza.

"Why do you say singing? It was more like screaming." She says and we all start laughing.

~After eating pizza~

(Your POV)

Haz is actually really nice and welcoming. I don't know about Harry because he went upstairs to his room to edit pictures. Haz said it was just because he doesn't know how to talk to girls.

Haz has a good sense of humor and I laughed at almost every joke he tells. Tom and Haz are very similar and I get along really well with both of them.

Right now we are watch the first Avengers movie. I'm getting really tired but I'm trying to stay awake.

Tom is sitting right next to me and he has his arm on the back of couch behind me.

After about 20 more minutes of trying not to fall asleep I hear Tom whisper something in my ear.

"Hey darling, are you tired?" He asks and I nod. "Ok, you can lay your head down if you want."

I put my head on his chest and he puts his arms around me. It startles me at first but then I get used to it.

I fall asleep in minutes.

(Tom's POV)

Having Y/n in my arms felt so natural to me. She looked adorable while she was sleeping and she reminded me of a sleeping kitten.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Haz looking at me. It was almost like he was glaring at me. When he caught me looking he quickly turned his head and looked back at the tv.

"You like her don't you mate?" Haz says randomly out of the blue.

"Um, I don't know. Why?" I ask.

"No reason." He looks at me again.

"Oh, ok." I say and look back at the tv.

What is going on with Haz?