40: Back to the Studio

(Your POV)

After hanging out with Sami and Mai at their apartment I decided to go back to my apartment and wait to get the email from Jon Watts.

I still don't know if this is good idea, working with my ex like this. I already know I'm going to make myself look stupid right in front of him.

Sitting with my head in my hands, I think of every possible thing that could go wrong. Last time I got a Marvel job I imagined everything that I could mess up while doing makeup, but this time I can only think of what will happen with Tom.

When I look back up at my computer I see a new email, I quickly open it up and read it.

Dear Y/n L/n,

Thank you for agreeing to work with us on Spider-Man: Far From Home. We are starting filming on July 2, at 7:30 am. We would like you to please get to the studio about fifteen minutes before then. I have attached the location of the studio below this email. We will also be filming in other places around Europe and we will travel to those places together. Can't wait to see you there.

Sincerely,
Jon Watts

I don't know whether or not to smile or frown, I'm excited to start working but I don't want to see Tom. At all.

I'll just have to deal with it I guess, what else can I do?
———————————————
~July 2, 2018~

*BEEP, BEEP*

I groan as I turn off my alarm, why the hell did I have my alarm turned on? Oh yeah!

"Shit!" I whisper-yell as I throw the sheets off. I immediately shiver from the cold hitting my body but I ignore it.

While I'm getting ready to go to the studio all I can think about is Tom. This is going to be a mess and I know it.

When I was driving to my first day to do some of the makeup for Endgame, I was really happy and excited, but now I'm just dreading it.

Before I know it I'm parking in the huge parking lot of the studio. I sit there for a second trying to collect myself before opening the door and walking in.

I'm happy to see Lillian walk up to me with a smile on her face, "Hello Y/n, it's so nice to see you again."

"I could say the same to you." I say returning the smile.

"So today you will start with doing Zendaya's makeup and then Tom Holland's." She tells me and I tense up.

"Y-yeah, ok." I say.

"Zendaya is right over there in trailer number 2, Tom will come into the trailer when you finish with Zendaya."

"Ok thank you."

"No problem."

I walk off and start walking to trailer #2. Holy shit I'm going to meet Zendaya, this is insane. When I get to the trailer I knock the door softly.

"Hello, come on in!" I hear her yell.

I open the door and smile when I see her, she looks gorgeous even without makeup on.

"Hello, nice you meet you, I'm Y/n." I say and shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you Y/n, I'm Zendaya, but you can just call me Z."

"Z, I like that nickname."

"Why thank you." She says and sits down in the makeup chair.

I start doing the natural makeup for her while we talk. She's really funny and kind and we get along super well. She tells me that everyone assumes she's in a secret relationship with Tom, but she actually is dating a super nice guy she met a few months ago.

"Hey Z, can I tell you something?" I ask.

"Yeah what's up?"

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

"Promise."

"So me and Tom used to date. He broke up with me because he thought I was cheating on him with his best friend, which I wasn't. It was all a misunderstanding but he went back to London before I had a chance to talk to him. He hasn't talked to me since and I, I don't know what to do now since I have to do his makeup as soon as I finish yours." I quickly say.

"Woah, um..." she starts to think, "I know this sounds easier than it looks but, just like talk to him you know? Like be casual, talk about how your life is going and ask him about his life. Maybe you will confuse him and you two could get back on good terms."

"I'll try, thank you."

"Of course, here give me your number so you can keep me updated on this situation." She says.

"Ok yeah," I hand her my phone and she puts her contact into it. When she hands the phone back the contact says 'Z❤️'.

I finish her makeup and we sit and talk while waiting for Tom. I have a weird anxious feeling in my stomach as I wait for Tom to knock on the trailer door. Zendaya notices and puts her hand over mine.

"Don't worry about it, just take a deep breath and remember you go this." She tells me.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, "I got this." I say.

Then there's a knock on the door and I jump. Zendaya stands up and opens the door to see Tom standing there. He smiles at her and then looks at me, he gives me an awkward tight-lipped smile. He walks into the trailer and Zendaya whispers to me, "Good luck."

"Thank you." I mouth back to her.

She leaves and closes the door behind her, which immediately makes me feel more uncomfortable. I turn to Tom to see him already sitting down in the makeup chair and looking at his phone.

Ok, I can do this.

"So how are you?" I ask as I walk over and grab my makeup to start working.

"I'm good, excited to start filming." He says without taking his eyes off his phone, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, been getting to work on more movies, it's nice." I say as I start to apply his skin toned makeup onto his skin.

"Good for you." He says as he finally looks away from his phone and makes eye contact with me. I'm so close to him and I can barely breathe, I break the eye contact when I continue to apply the makeup to his face.

There's an awkward silence in the room and I hate it. Right now I seem like his weird ex girlfriend who can't forget him, I want to seem like a badass bitch who moved on and is now super hot. And since I'm not who I want to be, I'll just have to fake it till I make it.

I tell myself to be confident and continue to talk to him, "So I watched Infinity War, definitely cried when Bucky died." I laugh.

"Yeah, people are saying that Peter Parker's death was the saddest." He says, and while I agree with him, I'm not letting him win that easily.

"That's debatable, Bucky was Cap's best friend and he died right in front of him, they had known each other for a long time too."

"That's true, but Tony saw Peter die and Tony was Peter's only father figure since Uncle Ben." I still agree with him but I'm not giving up.

"Yes but Steve and Bucky had been in more movies together than Tony and Peter had. We got to see how they grow together and were able to forgive each other after every fight. Bucky knew that even after all the abuse from Hydra, Steve was still there for him." I say.

"Yeah I guess." He says and I smile to myself.

Me: 1 Tom: 0