18: Movie Night

(Your POV)

~About 5:30pm~

We hear a knock on our door and I run to go answer it. I open the door to see Harry and Haz standing there with smiles on their faces.

"Hey!" I say.

"Hey! You guys ready to go?" Harry asks.

"Yea one sec," I turn around to the inside of our apartment, "girls! Time to go!" I yell.

"Ok we're coming!" Sami yells from her room.

Not even 3 seconds later they both sprint to the door with everything that they need, mostly their phones but still.

"Ok then," Haz says and locks eyes with me. "I guess let's get going. Tom is probably wondering where we are."

"Yeah" I say while we are still making eye contact.

We only break eye contact when Mai accidentally bumps into me. I turn away and follow them down to their car.

The drive back was pretty fun because we were screaming to songs on the radio, but every once in a while Haz would look at me for a little longer than normal through the rear-view mirror.

I have a hard time being able to hold eye contact with people so I feel super uncomfortable when he stares. I don't, for some reason, find it hard to look into Tom's eyes. I don't know why but I just feel different around him.

I think I may have some social anxiety, but I usually don't feel that when I'm alone with Tom. Or when he gives me that cute puppy dog smile-

No Y/n shut up

Before I know it we are at their house. They said that they told Tom that they were leaving to get candy, and the reason it might take them a while to get back is because Haz wanted a type of candy that they didn't have at the first store.

It's a pretty good excuse if you ask me.

Haz and Harry take us through the front door and make sure Tom isn't there to see us.

"TOM! WE'RE HOME!" Harry yells.

"OK!" Tom yells from his room.

Haz turns to me, Mai, and Sami and whispers something to us.

"You guys just sit on the couch and act normal, like you were here the whole time."

We nod and sit on the couch. We all pretend to act bored like we're waiting for Tom so we can start the movie.

"Jesus! How long does it take to find some bloody-" Tom says as he starts to leave his room. He is wearing a super cute outfit.

(This outfit)

Then he sees us sitting on the couch casually

Then he sees us sitting on the couch casually. "What the fuck? What are you guys doing here?"

I stand up and give him a quick hug. When we release from the hug he keeps his arm around me.

"So you remember how we were going to watch a movie tonight?" Harry asks.

"Yeah?" Tom says.

"Well we thought it would be fun to have Y/n, Mai, and Sami over to watch a different movie."

"What movie?"

"The Impossible!" I say and Tom's eyes go wide.

"No" he says.

"Yes!" I say.

He sighs takes his arm off from around me. He goes to grab a bag of candy and sits down on the couch. "Can we just get this over with then?" He asks and we all laugh.

Tom and I make eye contact and he pats on the part of the couch next to him signaling for me to come sit with him. I go over to him and sit down while he puts his arm around me.

Everyone else grabs some candy and sits down. Haz turns off the lights and starts the movie. Tom warned us before the movie started that it's... a little intense.

The movie is basically about a family going on vacation when a tsunami hits. The family gets split up and they have to find each other and reunite.

(BTW If you haven't seen The Impossible you might be a little confused but it shouldn't really matter. Also there may be some spoilers. Tom's character is named Lucas)

Everyone has their own candy but me and Tom are sharing some M&Ms.

The movie starts on a plane and when Tom comes on screen I say, "Oh my god! You were so cute!"

Everyone laughs except Tom. Instead he says, "'were'? excuse me? I think I am still pretty cute."

"Yea ok" I say and he gasps. It doesn't do anything but make me laugh more.

"The movie continues and at one point (After the tsunami) it shows Lucas' mom with skin falling off the back of her leg.

I cringe before closing my eyes and turning away from the tv. Tom runs his hand through my hair to make me feel better but then Mai says something that makes us all laugh.

"Ooh! Mama need some medical attention right now honey! Someone call 911!" We all laugh until we're crying. It wasn't even funny but yet it was hilarious.

The movie continues and the whole time we are making jokes. Although it may seem rude to do that, Tom actually is the one doing it the most. Of course we aren't making fun of it, that's just how we are. We can't take anything seriously.

At the end of the movie I tell Tom that he did a great job in it. He thanks me and we just talk for a while.

"I'm actually really happy that you guys are here. I hate hanging out with Harry and Haz." Tom says sarcastically.

"uh, excuse me??" Haz asks.

Then a cute grey puppy comes out from the hallway.

"Hi Tess! What are you doing darling?" Tom asks in a sweet baby voice that makes me smile.

The dog walks over to Tom and jumps up on the couch. It lays it's head down on Tom's lap and we both pet it.

"Y/n, this is Tessa, aka Tess. Tessa, meet Y/n." He says.

"Hello Tessa! You are just the most adorable thing aren't you?" I say and Tom lets out a little giggle. We continue to pet her, our hands touching every one in a while.

"Tom," Harry says. "When was the last time you let Tessa out to go the bathroom?"

Tom sighs. "Ok I'll go do that. Y/n, want to come outside with to get some fresh air?"

"Yeah" I say. We both stand up and walk towards the back door with Tessa following close behind us.