삼십이; 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤

the young agent can't help but feel that it was her fault for ruining renjun's special day

"s—"

"don't even think about apologizing, jeonie," he ruffled her hair, "these things happen naturally." jisung didn't like how renjun was casually messing with jeonhae's hair and he wanted to rip that hand off her head so bad, yet he did nothing but watch as his eyes shot thousands of daggers to renjun's right hand.

"come on, let's get you to the mall's clinic to get this treated" the older male pointed at jeonhae's graze wound. jeonhae nodded at renjun's instructions and started walking with him. just then, renjun stopped walking and turned around to face jisung, "oh, jisung. you should go to the rest. i'm pretty sure mark would be at mcdonald's-"

"no!"

"what do you mean 'no'?"

"i uhh have a really, rEALLY bad sense of direction.."

"so? jisung, mcdonald's is literally across us" renjun deadpanned, pointing to the restaurant on the other side. "and for the record, you never get lost, especially in malls. you were literally born with like a gps planted in your brain and you have the best sense of direction among all ten of us, but nice try." 

jeonhae giggled as jisung's eyes wandered around and widened in realization at how stupid he sounded now. "jeonhae, after all of this, you owe me an explanation" he murmured. the girl sighed in defeat and nodded, watching jisung walk his way towards mcdonald's. 

"hey, let's go" the other male beside her said as she got her out of her trance. 

"huh? oh, yeah. let's go." the two walked, renjun leading the way and jeonhae mindlessly following the older. he lead her towards the male's restroom at the other end of the mall. jeonhae wanted to question renjun, but her mind told her otherwise.

at last, they both arrived in front of a door with the label "janitor's room" in black. jeonhae's face showed pure confusion, yet she still didn't speak a word since she trusted the boy. besides, she knew renjun was one to use brains instead of acting irrationally, which made him more trustworthy.

the male fiddled with his pocket, suppossedly trying to find something. his lips emitted a tiny 'ᵃʰ' after finding the keys he was searching for. renjun slipped the key into the keyhole and discreetly made sure no one was looking. it made a 'click' sound and renjun sighed in relief.

he gently gripped jeonhae's wrist and pulled her into the so-called "janitor's room", the girl following his footsteps. after making sure that jeonhae was inside, renjun closed the door. it was momentarily dark and renjun's grip of jeonhae slightly tightened. 

he took out his phone and turned the flashlight on, giving the device to jeonhae. she looked at the phone with a bewildered expression, but it soon vanished as renjun spoke,

"hold the phone for me and help me find a fingerprint scanner."

jeonhae moved the device left and right, stopping when she found the scanner renjun meant.