삼; 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

"let her go, kang seri"

the sound of a deep voice interrupted the fight as the two girls turned their heads to see the source of the voice. looking over jeonhae's shoulder, seri gulped at the sight of a very unhappy mark lee. 

jeonhae smirked, looking behind her to see seri with shock written on her face. mark walked towards them and yanked jeonhae's wrist out of seri's grip.

"i'm warning you, kang seri. if you ever touch her again, i won't guarantee that you would make it to school with perfect bones" mark whispered. his voice was able to send shivers down anyone's spine. 

seri gulped at the words and quickly scattered her way out of the cafeteria. he then turned his attention to jeonhae, eyes softening.

"are you alright? i'm sorry, jeonhae. i'm really, really sorry. i didn't see what was coming. everything just went so fast i can't even-" 

"mark, i'm alright. there's no need to be sorry, you didn't do anything wrong. they should be the ones apologizing to me, not you. besides my painful wrist and scraped knee-"

" YOUR WHAT?!"

"my wrist and knee, mark. but i'm fine, i jus-"

"NO, YOU ARE NOT FINE!"

"mark, stop shouting. i can go myself-"

"no, i'm coming with you. who knows what might happen on your way?"

"okay, fine. come on"

mark smiled, feeling happy that his closest friend allowed him to accompany her. as they both walked to the school infirmary, a few students stole glances at them while others whispered some gossips to one another. but neither jeonhae or mark minded them, completely ignoring the faint voices in the hallway.

when they arrived, mark helped jeonhae sit on a bed as they waited for the nurse to return from her break. there was a silence in the room, but it wasn't uncomfortable. "is the pain bearable?" mark said, breaking the peaceful silence.  "yeah. if it wasn't, i would've broke down to tears" jeonhae replied.

 mark chuckled at her statement, "you're such a strong girl, i don't understand how you can bear the pain when her nails dug into your wrist. not to mention, her nails are literally long af." now it was her turn to chuckle at his statement. 

as the two converse, the infirmary door opened, revealing liu xiao bei, the school nurse. "jeonhae, why are you-" 

her eyes trailed down to her knee and wrist, widening at the sight of a scraped knee and a bloody wrist. "OH MY! WHAT HAPPENED?" the shocked nurse exclaimed, quickening her pace to grab the first aid kit. "tell me when it hurts, ok? i'll dab as gently as possible, so speak up when it hurts." jeonhae nodded at her statement, preparing for the pain she has to bear.

"jeonhae, if it hurts, just hold on to my wrist" mark softly said,  eyes full of worry. "mark, i'm not a baby anymore, i can handle this. but thanks for the offer...actually, just give me your wrist, i haven't been in pain for quite a while now, i forgot the feeling" jeonhae replied, appreciating mark's concerns.