이십삼; 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

he was right there, crying a river of tears

he was right there, crying a river of tears. out of all the people she would've bumped into, it had to be park jisung. 

the boy's cheeks were already shiny under the moonlight due to the many cries he's been having since he started speaking to his mother. slowly but surely, she approached the boy, hoping he wouldn't be startled by her appearance.

jeonhae opened her mouth to speak, "park jisung?"

jisung's body tensed up at the sound of her voice and he immediately started wiping his tears with the back of his hand. 

oh shit. did she see me cryin—

"wait, you don't have to wipe them. i saw you from far away, there's nothing for you to hide." she gently grabbed jisung's wrist, pulling it away from his face. 

"did you follow me? why the fuck are you here?" he asked with a deadpanned expression, although his heart told him it was too harsh of him to say so.

jeonhae was hurt, a pained expression etched on her face. however, she pushed all the negative thoughts clouding her mind and looked up to jisung, "i'm visiting a funeral as well, like what you're doing right now."

the boy immediately regretted saying the words he said, "i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to-"

"it's okay, jisung. everyone makes mistakes," she started sniffing, "and i don't blame you if your emotions are controlling you right now. everybody has a little grief in their hearts every once in a while and it's okay to be sad. y'know sometimes, you just have to let your emotions out. it would help you live a more stable life."

[a/n: does it tho? idk psychology help me-]

"i'm not saying that you should cry everyday, no.  i'm just saying that it's ok to feel vulnerable sometimes. even the coldest people have something to be sad of. i understand what you're going through right now and i respect you going to their grave to visit them." she softly said, stroking his hair to calm him down. 

not being able to contain it anymore, jisung bursted into tears. jeonhae didn't mind her shoulder getting wetter and wetter because of his tears, something about the situation just made her want to comfort the boy through his hardest times.

if i can't be there for taetae, i should at least be there for jisung, from now on.

she kept stroking the boy's hair until he calmed down. "t-th-thank y-y-you, j-jeonhae" he muttered, but it didn't go unheard by jeonhae. her lips tugged up into a soft smile, ruffling jisung's hair as a sign of comfort. 

"no problem, sung. i'll always be there for you, even if you can't be there for me."

why is she so kind to me even if i've been mean to her all this time? i don't deserve this kindness..

"she was my mother" he abruptly said, catching the girl off guard.

"no, jisung. you don't have to tell me-"