이십사; 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

as jeonhae walked peacefully back home, she sensed that something felt odd

as jeonhae walked peacefully back home, she sensed that something felt odd. it was as if someone was watching her. not wanting to put her family in danger, she swiftly made a turn into the night market. unfortunately, contrast to her hopes, the market wasn't exactly crowded. 

cursing under her breath, she walked a bit faster towards an abadoned park she knew that was located nearby where she is. she stopped in her tracks, attentively listening for any footsteps. luckily for her, she managed to her footsteps before it stopped a second after her.

ah, i was right. someone WAS following me. tsk, this is wasting my time.

she rolled her eyes mentally before turning around, meeting  the eyes of the person that was about to assault her. from the looks of it, it was definitely a male. the man wasted no time charging towards the girl, a dagger in his hand. he swung it, aiming towards the girl's shoulder but failed as jeonhae swiftly moved to the side. 

regaining his balance, the man was about to swing the sharp weapon again. however, before he had time to move, jeonhae kicked the dagger out of his hold. now, the man was harmless, giving jeonhae the full benefit. 

she spun around and kicked the man square in the face, a big bruise evident on the opponent's left cheekbone. "ARGHH!" a low growl came from the man, his hand slowly caressing his wounded cheekbone. he sent jeonhae a sinister smirk, "looks like someone is in for a real fight."

"thought you'd never come to that conclusion."

without wasting any second, her opponent sent a punch towards her, which she successfully dodged. not giving up easily, the enemy kicked jeonhae in the hip, making her stumbled to the side. clutching on her painful hip, the man took advantage and held her in a headlock position. he just smiled darkly, "are you losing confidence now?"

that made jeonhae's blood boil as her eyes darkened, so she wiggled from her position and succesfully loosened the arm a bit from her neck. she elbowed the man's face, a bruise now evident on his right cheekbone. she wasted no time flipping the enemy and slamming to the hard pavement.

jeonhae stood up, slightly panting from the fight. unlike the younger, the man was heavily panting, clearly inhaling and exhaling in a fast beat. seeing that the assaulter had his guard down, kicked him as hard as she could in the abdomen. of course, this caught the man off guard as he clutched where he got kicked. the impact was so strong it made him weak to his knees. 

with one hand soothing the pain and the other one on the hip, the girl took advantage and ran towards the opponent, linking her arm and rolling on the man's back before throwing several feet away from her. by now, the man was too weak to fight anymore, so he laid there, unmoving.