이; 𝙩𝙬𝙤

the bell rang, indicating that it was time for the students to have recess

the bell rang, indicating that it was time for the students to have recess. "ok, everyone. thank you for today. you are all dismissed" the teacher announced as he walked out of the room. 

"finally! my favorite period of the day has come. let's go to the cafeteria" jeonhae said as she went with jihyo and daeyoung towards the cafeteria. "i don't think it would be that easy" jihyo chuckled. as if on cue, the corridors started to fill up with screams from the fangirls.

"he's SO handsome!"

"jeno oppa! you're very good-looking!"

"chenle-ah! you're so cute"

"omg! jaemin winked at me i think i'm going to faint-"

"HAECHANIEE!"

the hallways were filled with high-pitched screams, making the three girls cringe at the sound of flirty comments. they ignored the comments that flooded the school as they made their way to the canteen. 

as they reached the cafeteria, jeonhae remembered something and told her two friends, "hey, i forgot my wallet. you guys can go first, i'll catch up with you later."

 "we'll sit at the usual spot" jihyo reported and jeonhae nodded as she separated from her two friends to fetch her money. 

back in the classroom, park jisung was busy staring at the window. thoughts flooded his mind to the point where he didn't realize that another student has entered. his train of thoughts were soon interrupted by someone calling his name. 

"park jisung?" 

the voice startled jisung, but he didn't show it as he faced the source of the voice: ryu jeonhae. "what are you doing here? aren't you suppose to go to the cafeteria? it's recess already, if you didn't know" she said, curiousity hidden in her voice. after receiving only silence, she proceeded to take her wallet, until his voice interrupted the silence. 

"why do you care?" jisung spat, words coming out harsher than he expected but he couldn't care less. jeonhae, on the other hand, flinched at the deep voice. "geez, calm down. it's not like i'll drag you to the cafeteria.  no need to be so harsh, park" jeonhae said, not realizing that the boy wanted some time alone at the moment.  "i'm not in the mood to talk" the boy deadpanned. 

"ok ok. i'll go now" jeonhae said as she exited the classroom. jisung exhaled harshly, mostly because his peace was disturbed by the girl. "why did she have to- uGH why did she have to come here for her fucking wallet? she could've just borrowed money. shit, what was i thinking of?" jisung said, just above a whisper. feeling too exhausted, he lightly banged his head several times on the table before sitting upright again and throwing his head to the back.

jeonhae went back to her friends after buying a drink from the counter. she looked around and smiled after seeing mark wave his hand, indicating that she should go to that table. yes, if you were wondering, it was THE mark lee. a member of DRM7, the most popular friend group in Neoyeul High. he and jeonhae were childhood friends who knew each other since she was still 4 while mark was only 7. 

the others saw jeonhae walking towards their table and smiled at her, which she gladly returned back. after seeing her smile, the others went back to eating their food, but little did they know that someone had planned to start a scene in the cafeteria.

ryu jeonhae's pov

as i walked towards the table where mark and the others sat, an unexpected foot stretched out, making me trip and scrape my knee against the floor.  i looked up, only to meet the eyes of kang seri, someone who i despised since my freshmen years in high school because of her bitchy, two-faced attitude. seri's lips pulled up into a smirk, making me look away in frustration and disgust.

of course, this was expected. i should've known better. how could it slip my mind? being friends with the most popular boys at school wasn't an easy thing, if you're ever wondering. by now, i was already used to receiving multiple glares from different girls every morning until dismissal. at this point, kang seri wasn't any different from them. 

i shrugged the feeling of anger aside as i stood up, only to be kicked at the back of my knees, meeting the floor once again. ong chanhee, one of her "minions",  pulled my hair, satisfied with the slight pain showing on my face. i winced at the sudden pain spreading across my scalp, but tried my best to keep calm and not start a fight.

i closed my eyes and exhaled sharply, clearly annoyed with the situation i was in. i opened my eyes again, shooting a glare at seri as her lips tugged upwards in satisfaction. as seri proceeded to slap me, i was quick to read her move and pulled the wrist that was holding my hair forward. at the sound of a slap, i smirked, knowing that seri has slapped one of her minions instead of me.

i got up and dusted myself, then walked towards my table but before i could do so, a hand firmly gripped my wrist, nails digging into my skin. i rolled my eyes and turned around, then again, i met a pair of eyes filled with rage. but before she could emit another word, a deep voice interrupted her.

"let her go, kang seri"

[a/n: hello fellow readers :3 here's another chapter for y'all

[a/n: hello fellow readers :3 here's another chapter for y'all. a bit short, i know. shitty much. but keep in mind that this is my first book anyway and i'm not the wattpad's best fanfic author hehe. anyways, who do think told seri to let jeonhae go? 👀 please keep supporting me if you want to and stay tuned !!]

~🧸🍉

published on 06/09/2020