십삼; 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

jisung pulled a chair beside the bed and rested his head on his folded arms

jisung pulled a chair beside the bed and rested his head on his folded arms. he stared jeonhae's face adoringly as the sunlight illuminated her features, exactly like how the moonlight did back at the supermarket. he caressed her hair softly as the foreign feeling grew in him. it was just a teeny-teeny-teeny tiny crush, but it's still a crush either way, right?

the boy was still in denial, weirded out by his own feelings. how could a boy possibly like a girl just by a simple hug? the hug wasn't even meant for affection, it was merely just to protect him from a plastic ball. yet here he is, taking care of her while the nurse went out.

the others have been informed about jeonhae from chenle and they all rushed to the infirmary. everyone looked equally worried and some had an extra hint of surprise. who knew park jisung would be the type to help someone? not to mention, on his own will.

sure, jeonhae has been hanging out with DRM7 for as long as they could remember, but jisung wasn't one to help others, act friendly, or even attempt to socialize with people. only the boys know about jisung's past, while the girls were (sorta) clueless. 

they knew how hard his life was and the fact that he could break down any second, but the boy always carried an expression void of emotions to the point that it scared even his closest friends. 

back to reality, everyone left one by one until only mark was left together with jisung. "jisung, you could go back to class. i'll look over jeonhae-"

"no."

mark was taken aback by the younger's reply. jisung's eyes were intimidating enough for the older to step back, so he let him be. mark left the infirmary and walked to his next class. jisung blankly stared at the glass door as it swayed in a continuous motion until it stopped. 

his gaze went back to jeonhae, admiring her while she rests peacefully. how can i not realize such a beauty? she's literally the epitome of cute. wait whAt- park jisung what's wrong with you? you're not suppose to fall in love. uGH stupid feelings, they'll probably be gone by tomorrow. whatever, he thought.

jisung rested his head on his folded arms (again) and felt his eyelids starting to get heavy. soon, he let them close as he drifted off to sleep.

time skip

jeonhae started waking up, her eyes fluttering open. she squinted at the intense brightness coming from the sun and turned her head to avoid it, but her actions stop midway as she caught sight of another figure beside her. the girl's breath hitched at the close proximity between her and jisung. if she had moved another inch, their lips would've touched.

jeonhae's heartbeat was going crazily fast for God knows what reason. due to the panic, she slightly moved and the tip of their noses brushed past each other. jisung woke up from the ticklish sensation on his nose and froze, seeing how close he was with the girl infront of him. his throat became dry as they stared at each other's eyes.

jeonhae was first to break the contact between the two and they just sat in awkward silence. no one dared to speak, both hearts beating fast but in-sync. 

hmm, that's strange. what's wrong with my heart? i'm quite certain i have no heart condition or anything. or do i have one that planned to appear right at this moment? did they lie to me about being born healthy?

jeonhae was stuck in a never-ending pit of questions. meanwhile, jisung just stared at the air and waited for the nurse to come back. xiao bei finally came back and she was delighted to see that jeonhae was awake. she's been unconcious for an hour and a half, giving her a chance to change the iv drip once or twice.

"oh jeonhae, you're awake," she smiled, "jisung, you could go back to class." jisung bowed down to the nurse and shot her a very small but visible smile. the nurse turned back to jeonhae and held a worried expression. she pulled a nearby chair and took a deep breath. "jeonhae, i am not forcing you to answer me if you feel uncomfortable about the question."

jeonhae looked at the nurse with confusion as she slightly tilted her head to the right, "what do you mean? what are you going to ask me?" she can't help but feel a bit uneasy about the situation, the tension becoming thicker every ticking second.

"well," the nurse nervously fidgeted her fingers, "where did you get the bruise on your stomach?" she whispered. jeonhae gulped nervously and the nurse noticed it. 

she didn't want to lie as the feeling of guilt would eat her up but she can't let people know she is working for the government. not until she's in college, not ever. if anyone did find out, then they would have to keep it a secret and make sure they wouldn't let the world know.

jeonhae's endless worrying was cut short by the nurse. she looked up, throat dry at what she was about to answer. her mouth was open, but no words came out. the lump in her throat was slowly getting bigger, restricting anything to come out.

"ahh, i get it. you don't feel comfortable saying it. it's okay, jeonhae. i'm not forcing you to. you can get going now, you'll be late for class" the nurse can't help but feel guilty after asking something so personal to the girl. jeonhae bowed down to liu xiao bei and exited the infirmary.

[a/n: is jisung liking her too fast? does jeonhae having feelings for him? are things going too quick?]

~ 𝗺𝗷🧸✨

published on 14/11/2020