사십구; 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

if there was one thing jisung learned in his 18 years of existence, it was to never play with a water hose hwen the neighbours are outside

if there was one thing jisung learned in his 18 years of existence, it was to never play with a water hose hwen the neighbours are outside. another thing was to never accept candy from other kids. and the last thing was to try and learn from his past mistakes, which he of course has trouble doing as he found himself walking down the dark alleys of seoul, looking for street fighting opponents.

why did i think this was a good idea? i thought i could change, i guess people don't change that easily after all..

back when he didn't give any fucks, everything was perfectly fine (okay maybe not perfectly but you get what i mean right?). now that he did, everything goes fucking wrong. what does he do now? he can't even decide himself.

the alley lights flickered on and off, giving the narrow path eerie vibes, but nothing could scare park jisung right now as he felt too distracted to pay attention to anything. the universe just put him through a ton of shit in a matter of months, so who could blame him? 

no. i should think of this as a break from reality.

so that was what he did. for the next few hours, the male went around, street to street, finding strangers to battle. he definitely lost some bets, considering the fact that his mind was clouded and he has little to no focus on the current situation.

fortunately, he didn't lose much money (only $20 were lost). to make up for those twenty dollars, he continued fighting and made bigger bets from time to time. he punched his opponents with his balled up fist. he spun around and kicked his opponents right in the abdomen. he headlocked them until they tap out. jisung used all sorts of techniques, like he always did.

by the time he decided to stop, he had $142 in his pocket (the last match was $40). jisung had passed the usual convenience store back home and decided to buy himself a nice cold, refreshing drink to fuel his energy.

coincidentally, beomgyu was working that day. jisung greeted the cashier boy with a nid before going to the cold beverages section. as he was about to pick his drink, he heard the name of a person he has missed oh so much. 

j-jeonhae? damn, i wish i can talk to her that easily too

"...why do you ask?" beomgyu said to the other line. jisung not-so-attentively listened a little to the conversation before checking out the beverage he bought using his winning bet money.

"catch ya later, gyu." the latter said with a voice inaudible to jeonhae, but still audible to beomgyu. he nodded back to jisung before the lad exited the store. as jisung went to his apartment's direction, he saw jeonhae calling on her cellphone.

i wonder what she could be– oh wait, she was on a phone call with beomgyu.

he decided to shrug her presence and continue walking, before he came to a sudden halt after hearing the lines of "hey let's hangout together since it's been forever." jisung let his jealousy take over and went against his heart to eavesdrop the conversation. i mean, it wouldn't hurt to listen to a teensy-bit of it, right?