25| Cake

Aaaaaand I'm back! Did y'all miss me?😉

Anyway, hope you love the Chapter as much as I loved writing it, without further ado, let's get into it!

Song of the Chapter: Voh Dekhnay Mein, London Paris New-York🗽

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"1 hour 57 minutes left!"

Lavanya excitedly exclaimed, making everyone looking at her with an amused grin.

"It's like she's a built in countdown. Excellent for New Year's Eve."

Ayan commented with a dry smile, making Mahira nudge his shoulders as the kids all chuckled.

They were all currently at the Malik residence to celebrate Nirvaan's birthday eve, while their parents would all join them for brunch the next morning.

Shiv, the ever busy young tycoon, would show up straight for the party the next evening.

"What did you get him?"

Ayaana asked Neil with a curious twinkle in her eyes, thinking she was being discreet as she whispered, only for him to shake his head amusedly.

"I'm not telling you, it's a surprise."

He said with a smile, as Ayaana pouted and turned to look at Nirvaan, who was busy playing Fifa with Sid and Abir.

"But it's HIS birthday, not mine. Mujhe toh bata sakte ho!"

She cribbed, pulling his shoulder down so he reached her height level, making him laugh.

"Please Ana, your face gives everything away. Tumhari shakal dekhke pata chal jaayega Nirvaan ko that you know, and then he'll pester you about it till you give in."

He replied with a grin, making Ayaana frown. Her face wasn't THAT expressive.

"He's right!"

Nirvaan yelled from his spot, making her gasp and widen her eyes, as Neil laughed at her surprised expression.

"Evesdropping on people's conversations is bad manners."

She said in a reprimanding tone as she joined the three boys on the couch, busy with their video game but also laughing at her predicament.

"It isn't eavesdropping when the conversation is about you, right ma?"

Nirvaan yelled, as Ayaana turned to look at Mahira, who gave her an apologetic smile as she nodded.

"Sorry Ana, but a rule's a rule. If I hadn't evesdropped on so many conversations between your mom, Raichand and my husband, I never would've known this emotionally-challenged robot likes me."