18| Nautanki Saala

Aaaaaand I'm back! And still sick. So no long author's notes today:(

Song of the Chapter: Kyon, Barfi💖

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so I know all of us have studies and college applications and personal lives. But know that if you've signed up for this, you WILL give your 100%. I don't care if you have to miss out on parties or study groups or trips for rehearsals, if you've been scheduled for one, you WILL show up."

Neil announced with a no-nonsense, stern expression, as he stood up on stage addressing the entire cast and crew of the Musical, early in the morning before classes started.

"Jesus Christ I didn't know Neil was THAT serious. If I didn't know any better I'd think he was Bachchan from Mohabbatein. Parampara, pratishtha, anuvaasan."

Sid commented with a shudder, as Lavanya giggled besides him, while Nirvaan shook his head and pretended not to hear him.

"Anuvaasan nahi, anushaasan, you genius."

Abir corrected, rolling his eyes as Ayaana tried to keep a straight face and concentrate on Neil's speech, standing besides him.

"You got what I meant na? Now shut up. Feelings pe jaaya kar, vocabulary pe nahi. Nautanki saala."

Sid replied with an offended expression as he folded his arms in front his chest, and this time even Rhea managed to crack a smile.

"Abir and Sid! If you have nothing to contribute, you may leave the room."

Neil's voice boomed throughout the rehearsal hall, with all heads turning towards the two boys, who both narrowed their eyes at him, their friend turned traitor.

"My presence is contribution enough, I am staying."

Sid replied matter-of-factly, causing several people to chuckle and snort, as Neil rolled his eyes and shook his head, as if accepting that he couldn't be argued with.

"Oh hello, I'm the script-writer-"

Abir began to speak, before noticing that Prof

Abir began to speak, before noticing that Prof. Wandell, who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there, glared at him pointedly.

"I mean I am a part of the script-writing team, I want to make sure the actors are understanding the essence of my words."

He corrected himself, as this time Ayaana couldn't help but chuckle, and Nirvaan looked down at the floor to hide his grin, while the others smiled openly.

"You have added fart jokes and people running into doors to my previously magnificent script. What essence needs to be understood?"

Professor Wandell commented with nonchalance, making several students laugh, while Neil just sighed, wanting to mute everyone but himself.