00| Kahaani

For K, may we meet again.🌙

So to avoid any confusion, this chapter takes place during a flashback, prior to the birth of Ayaana.

The next chapter will begin with 17 y/o Ayaana and others, as they navigate through life, with the help of their parents, whose stories and flashbacks will be their guiding light.

Song of the Chapter: Title, Dil Bechaara💖

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You've got to be bloody kidding me, Malik."

Nandini yelled out exasperatedly, trying to take deep breaths.

No stress Nandini, no stress! Not good for my baby! She imagined Manik saying as she rolled her eyes.

Haan haan, baby Manik ka hi toh hai, main toh bas temporarily rent offer kar rahi hoon bacche ko apni body mein.

"Murthy why do you always take her side man? Look I know I'm not the easiest person to live with, but Mahira bhi koi Mother Teresa nahi hai. I mean why did she have to shout at me so loud? She knows I hate it!"

Malik replied, equally pissed.

"Because she's just delivered a baby, kanjar! She can do whatever the hell she wants."

Nandini said matter-of-factly.

"Ek toh ye, group ki saari pregnancies saath mein kyu ho gayi yaar. Sab ladkiyan gang up karlete ho humaare against."

Malik retorted with a pout, not wanting to admit he's wrong.

"Humaare matlab? Ek second, Manik thinks I'm ganging up on him or what? Is he serious?"

Nandini yelled in anger, as Malik face-palmed. Ladkiyon se baat karni hi nahi chahiye.

"Yaar sorry, please maaf kardo. Main jaa raha hoon vaapis ghar, I already have an angry Mahira to deal with I can't deal with an angry Murthy too."

Malik exasperatedly said, as he shook his head and began to move, only to be hit on the head with a water-bottle.

"What do you mean angry-ah!"

Nandini started to scream yet suddenly quietened.

Malik furrowed his eyebrows before turning around, ye mute kyun hogayi?

"I think my water broke."

Nandini whispered as she looked down at her feet, now wet.

Malik nodded inattentively, but then widened his eyes as he realised what she just said.

"WHAT?"

He yelled, and for the first time Ayan Malik was completely unprepared.

"MY WATER BROKE YOU FUCKING GENIUS. GAADI NIKAAL, HOSPITAL JAANA HAI."

Nandini yelled, huffing and puffing as contractions started hitting her, while Malik fervently nodded and ran to get the keys before holding Nandini firmly as he escorted her to the car.

After she was seated safely and comfortably, he rushed to his own seat and started the engine.

Nandini took out her phone, still deep breathing, as she dialed Manik's number.

"Hello Nandini ji! Manik is busy in a meeting toh apna babu-shona baad mein karna."

Cabir's cheerful voice greeted her, which she usually would've laughed at, but at the moment she wanted nothing more but to strangle him.