11| Dil Dhadakne Do

Hey guys! I'm back with another chapter! This one will be fun and laid back, in comparison to all the story-packed ones I've been writing lately, a welcome change. 🤝

Anyway, hope you love it! Do let me know what your favourite part was!

Song of the Chapter: Sadka, I Hate Luv Stories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kuch khwab dekhe hai,
kuch rang soche hain,
Ab maine kal apne
tere sang soche hain,"

Neil sang softly, still testing out the lyrics as he wrote them in his yellow pad, strumming his guitar slowly, figuring out the key.

While his friends worked best when together, jamming and bouncing ideas off each other, he believed he made the best music when he was by himself.

"Iss raah mein jab bhi,
tu saath hoti hai,
Kisson ke panno si
har baat hoti hai,"

He continued, shaking his head as he couldn't figure out the encore. Scratching some lyrics that didn't fit the vibe, he fiddled with his guitar some more.

He was interrupted by loud claps, as he looked up to find Abir giving him a teasing smirk, walking into the room.

"Kaafi Devdas type lyrics nahi hogaye?"

Abir asked with a grin, as Neil chuckled and shook his head.

"Kabhi Lavanya ko dekhte huye khud ke expression dekhe hain? Mujhe Devdas bulaayega?"

Neil asked with a smirk, keeping his guitar down while Abir widened his eyes in surprise.

"How do you-"

He began to ask but was interrupted

"How do I know? Anyone with a brain would know, Dhawan. Also, Ana and Nirvaan made it too obvious with their reactions everytime you even looked at her."

Neil explained with a shake of his head, as Abir rolled his eyes and sat down besides him.

"Toh phir usko kyu samajh nahi aata? Vaise toh badi smart banti hai."

He asked with a self-deprecating sigh, making Neil pat him on his back.

"Give her some time, man. Abhi toh breakup hua hai, let her get over Rohan at least. Dekh, I'm sure she'll get it eventually."

He advised, as Abir shook his head, running his hand through his hair.

"That's not the part I'm worried about. I'm worried about what'll happen afterwards man. What if she just doesn't have the same feelings as I do?"

Abir muttered frustratedly, a detour from his normal, cheerful persona.

"Like, our families are basically one big family. We have dinner together everyday, we go to the same school, will probably go to the same university. Can you imagine how.....weird it would be if she doesn't like me the way I like her? Sab awkward hojaayega. It'll ruin everything."