28| Dear Zindagi

I'm back! So this chapter is a game-changer, for more reasons than one😏

No GIFs this time, I'm drowned with work and would rather focus on writing the best chapters, than hunting down and editing appropriate GIFs :(

Song of the Chapter: Ae Zindagi Gale Lagaale, Dear Zindagi🌟

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loud EDM was bursting through the speakers, drowning in the hustle and hustle of the many guests at Nirvaan Malik's customary house party.

Sid, Nirvaan and Rhea were busy socialising with any and everyone who approached them, the outgoing bunch that they were, while Abir was looking for a seemingly missing Lavanya.

"Ana? Ana! Thank god I found someone, I have no idea who half these people are. Do they even go to St. T's?"

He cried in exasperation, making Ayaana chuckle as she shrugged.

She knew how house parties worked, eventually word got out and every teenager in the area would crash the event.

She, like everytime, would find a quiet corner where she could be alone, or with one of her close friends.

"Lav's in the balcony."

Ayaana said with a teasing smile, making Abir falter in his sentence.

"How do you know I-anyway, no she isn't. I checked."

He replied with a defeated expression, Ana giving him a pacifying smile.

"I meant Myra's balcony. Not the main one. She wanted space."

She explained, as Abir looked at her thoughtfully, before nodding absent-mindedly and leaving, but not before muttering a quick 'thanks'.

Lavanya was usually socialising too, she was the most extroverted out of all of them, with a penchant for forming new friendships quickly, and she needed space?

"Match-making as always?"

A voice called out from behind Ayaana, startling her, before she smiled widely and walked over to Shivaansh for a big hug.

"Why didn't you come sooner, Bhai?"

She asked with a small smile as she released him from the hug, which turned into a frown as she watched a guilty expression form on his face.

She shouldn't have said anything.

"Hey! You're not making me feel bad, okay? You're my little sister, you've a right to question me."

Shiv immediately said to her, noticing her frown, making her smile once again.

He was one of the only people who could tell exactly what went through her mind, sometimes even before she could.

"I've been having back-to-back meetings today, because I had to reschedule a lot of them to come visit you guys, na? But now I'm totally free for tonight and tomorrow! So this time I'll make sure none of you idiots wake up with hangovers."

He explained, making her chuckle as she nodded.

"Look who's finally here!"

Neil called out with a smirk as he greeted his brother, making both Ayaana and Shiv look at him in amusement.

"And look who's trying to copy the big brother? You have a meeting with Forbes later or what?"

Shiv replied back with equal snark, pointing at Neil in a suit and tie, as Ayaana giggled at the cheeky smile on Neil's face.