Section 1: Chapter 2

"So what did you want to talk about?", Cody questions.

For some reason my mind goes completely blank and I'm standing staring at him. I'm a dumbass.

"Aminahhhh", He draws out.

After some few seconds I finally snap out of it.

"So do you remember 8th grade when you told me how you...well you know" , I begin.

"Yeah. I do", he looks away.

"Okay Cody I-"

Before I could even finish my sentence a blond haired white girl runs up to Cody and crashes into his arms. I recognize the girl and she's always given me rude vibes.

"Hey baby", she coos.

Baby? I didn't realize he had a girlfriend. Well of course he did what did I expect.

"Hey Amy, this is Aminah", he says to the blond.

She gives me a stank face and looks at me like I'm some kind of zoo animal then quickly replaces it with a fake smile.
"Hi Amelia is it?", She asks in a condescending tone. Bitch.

I put on the same fake smile and say ,"Actually it's Aminah but nice to meet you".

"Whatever. Cody baby come sit with me", she tugs at his arm.

"Hold on. Aminah what did you want to tell me?" He asks.

"Oh its nothing", I say feeling defeated.

He nods but looks at me strangely. Almost as if he knew what I wanted to say.  He says nothing and follows Amy to her table.

I quickly make my way to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror feeling defeated. It's all my fault. I think back to the 8th grade when Cody told me how he felt.
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
2 and a half years ago

Me and Cody were walking home from school together like we always did. He was carrying my backpack like he always did. I was talking about some random thing that happened at school like I always did.

All of a sudden Cody stops in his tracks. I stop and look back at him.

"What's wrong why'd you stop?" I ask

"I have to tell you something but it might ruin our friendship"

"O-okayy well what is it?"

"Ilikeyou" he rushes out.

"Huh?"

"I. Like. You" He repeated slowly this time.

"I-"

"And you don't feel the same do you?" He questions in a that tells me he already knows the answer.

I just stand there afraid that what I say might lead to the end of our friendship.

He nods and hands me my backpack. He starts walking silently ahead of me.

"Cody wai-" I sart but he doesn't look back. He continues to walk away from me and our friendship.

-authors note:

Sorry I know this chapter was pretty short but I promise it gets better.