Section 1: Chapter 20

"So how did your date go?", Maya asks taking a bite of the school pizza.

"At first it was awkward but then we started talking and it was fun", I tell them.

"So do you like him?, Chantel asks.

"I just met him so no. Not like that.", I say.

"Plus she's not even over Tyler yet", Aphina chimes in.

I roll my eyes at her. "I am over Tyler.", I clarify. "Now can we talk about something else?"

"Y'all wanna come to this party Diego is throwing?", Chantel asks. If Diego is throwing this party then that means Tyler AND Cody are going to be there. Yeah I'm good on that.

"Sorry. Can't.", I refuse.

"I'll go", Aphina says.

"Me too", Maya says.

"I guess I can make it", Elesia says.

"Guys we're always going out. Why don't we stay home and watch tv", I suggest.

"Yeah we're all going to the party", Aphina states. Yeah no. I'll be home.

"Okay it's this Friday and since I live the closest to him we can all meet up at my house.", Chantel says.

"Alrigjt bet. And maybe I can finally get myself a man", Aphina comments. We all laugh at her words.

I'm laying on my bed watching Friends when I hear the doorbell ring. I open the door and see Aphina standing at the doorway. She's wearing a tight brown crop top and light wash ripped jeans with air forces. Her box braids were in a big bun on her head and her edges were made, laid and slayed. I'm not gonna lie bestie was looking cute.

"Bitch, what are you wearing?", Aphina asks looking me up and down.

"Pajamas?", I say in confusion.

"Did you forget about the party tonight?", She asks. Oh right, Diego's party. That I'm not going to.

"Ohhhh. I'm not going", I tell her.

"Yes you are girl. You have to come so you can show Tyler how unbothered you are.", Aphina says. She makes a compelling argument.

"I'm still not going.", I tell her.

Aphina walks in and upstairs to my room. I run up after her.

I'm met with her ruffling through my closet. "Aphina, what are you doing"?

She ignores me and continues her search. She then pulls out a yellow sleeveless crop top with a strap that's tied behind the neck. It's meant to show a bit of cleavage.

"Ooh put this on.", she tosses me the shirt. She pulls open one of my drawers and grabs a pair of bell bottom jeans.

"Yeah this is the fit", Aphina cheers.

"Girl I just said I'm not going", I throw the shirt onto my bed.

"I'm not about to tell you again.", Aphina says.
I roll my eyes but change into the shirt and pants she picked out for me.

I look at myself in the mirror and I like what I see.

"Damnnnn you look fine", Aphina says.

I chuckle at her. I go into my bathroom and start to untwist my hair that I had twisted this morning for school. I comb through my curls and spray a bit of water and conditioner to define my curls. I brush out my eyebrows and glue on some lashes. After putting on lipgloss I slip on my forces and walk out the bathroom.