Section 2: Chapter 9

I've spent the past half hour thinking about Tyler. The amount of times we've almost kissed has been driving me crazy. I have to distract myself.

I get up off the couch and open my suitcase. I need an outfit that's going to get me a man. I dig through my suitcase until I find the red dress I packed. It's a long bodycon dress with a thigh split on both sides. And of course, it has a deep v neck so it shows a lot of cleavage.

I get into the shower and begin shaving my legs, my armpits, and everywhere else. Then I use the honey sugar scrub I brought and exfoliate the mess out of my skin. Once I'm satisfied with how smooth my body is I wash myself off with my vanilla-scented soap.

I step out of the shower and quickly get dressed. I take in my appearance in the mirror and damn I look good. The dress perfectly hugs my body. I do some light makeup and tie my hair up into the usual.

After spraying some perfume I grab my phone and purse and leave the hotel room. I make my way down the hallway when I see the elevator door about to close. Not wanting to wait for another one, I speed down the hall in an attempt to make it. I huff and puff as an I shuffle toward the doors. Just as I reach the elevator, the doors begin to close. Luckily a hand comes up and stops the doors from shutting.

I gratefully trudge into the elevator as the doors close behind me. I try to control my rampant breathing as much as possible while adjusting myself.

"Which floor?", I hear someone beside me ask. The voice sounded Italian. I forgot there was someone in here with me. I slowly look over to who the voice belongs to and see a tall handsome man before me. He's a deep dark skin complexion with dreads that fall perfectly down his face. His hair reaches to about his ear and seems extremely well-kept.

Seconds pass when I realize I've been raking over his entire body. Embarrassment barely describes the feeling. "Sorry.", I mutter. "I'm going down to the lobby"

The man chuckles, "No need to apologize bella ". I feel heat rise to my core at his words. "I'm heading to the lobby too. You going somewhere?", he asks looking down at me.

This man towers over me forcing me to strain my neck to look up at him when I speak. "I was just going to check out the bar. What about you?"

"I'm meeting my sister", he states. I simply nod not knowing what to say.
"You look amazing by the way", he says with a smile. I find myself smiling back at him.

"Thank you. And you don't look too bad yourself", I say.

"I don't look too bad? I was hoping for a different answer.", he says teasingly.

I chuckle. "What exactly did you want me to say?", I ask with a hand on my hip.

"That you'll have dinner with me tomorrow night", he says. Our eyes lock and I can't look away.

Suddenly the elevator dings and we've reached the lobby. I'm about to answer the man's statement, when all at once people come swarming toward the elevator forcing us to move out of the way. I try to maintain a view of the handsome man but someone bumps into me causing me to look away. When I look back up, the man is nowhere to be found. Once the crowd subsides, I look around for the man but no luck.

I didn't get his name or his contact information. And he was fine too. Disappointed, I make my way to the bar. It's filled with glamorous-looking people, all of whom could literally buy me. I find an open bar stool and take a seat.

"What can I get you to drink?", the bartender asks me. I order a martini and some fries. While waiting for the food I start to scan the area. I spot a middle-aged white man across the bar staring at me. I uncomfortably shift and avert my eyes. Apparently, he didn't get the hint and I see him start to come towards me. I quickly turn around hoping he's not checking for me.

"Hello baby", the middle-aged man says. A chill runs all the way down my spine.

I offer the man a tight-lipped smile. "You alone?", he asks with a creepy smile.

I decide not to respond in hopes that he'll leave me alone. But alas, I was wrong.

"EXCUSE ME! I asked you a question?!", he tightly grips my shoulder and digs his nails into my skin. I grimace in pain but still ignore him.

"You fucking bitch! I asked if you we-", the man becomes more aggressive when suddenly he's interrupted by a familiar voice.

"No, she's not alone. She's with me.", my head spins as I turn to the person, Emola. The really pretty woman from the business meeting that Tyler took me to.

"What do you mean she's with you?", the nasty man questions.

"She's my girlfriend.", Emola steps closer and plucks the man's hand from my shoulder. What she does next shocks me. She grabs me by the waist and kisses me. A really passionate kiss too. Her lips tasted like strawberries. I'm not gay or anything but damnnnn.

When I and Emola break away from the kiss, the man steps back with a shocked look on his face. The shock then turns into disgust. "Fucking lesbians...", he mumbles before stomping away.

We both burst out laughing at the man's reaction. "Holy shit that was hilarious. Thank you for that girl."

"Oh please girl I enjoyed it. You're a good kisser.", she smirks.

I blush in response."What are you doing here anyways?", I ask.

"I'm here with my brother. I was supposed to be getting us shots actually. Hold on", she calls the bartender over and orders their drinks.
We catch up for a bit and I learn that she also came for the conference and decided to meet up with her brother who lives here in Italy.

Moments later the bartender hands her a tray with shots and a liquor bottle. "Girl why don't you come to join us?", she asks.

"Oh no it's fine. I don't want to interrupt you and your brother's time."

"It's fine. I'm sick of being with that negro alone anyways.", she jokes. I chuckle and gather my stuff to follow her.

We get to her table and she sets down the drinks. " Eman, this is my friend Aminah," she says sitting next to a man whose eyes are trained on his phone. He looks familiar...
Emola lightly punches his shoulders to get his attention.

He looks over at her and mean mugs her. That's when I get a better look at him and oh my God. It's the elevator man!!My shock must have been clear because it causes him to look at me. A huge smile forms on his face.

"It's you."

Authors note:
Hey lovessss. I updated yayyy. And yes ik it's madddd over due.
Y'all what do we think about Eman? Let me know if I should upload what he looks like.

Also go read my other book RIGHT NOW. It's called Just Maybe.

Vote, comment, share.