Section 1: Chapter 32

After I shed all my tears in my mom's arms, I ran upstairs to the bathroom avoiding her questions of concern. I turn on the shower and slowly strip. My body felt heavy and my heart was pumping at an alarmingly fast pace. I step into the shower and let the piping hot water hit my back. It was so hot but I didn't dare move to make it colder. I'm honestly so tired. I was tired of all the lies and secrets. I know all relationships aren't easy but why is this one so difficult? What am I going to do about Tyler? I grab my sponge and squirt some body soap on it and began to scrub. Sort of like I was scrubbing away all the mess in my life.

I turn off the now lukewarm shower and grab a towel before stepping out. I finally felt ready to come out into the real world. I wipe myself off and start to wonder. What do I even do now? Do I go to the party? Do I stay home? Do I get revenge? Do I even know the full truth?

At this point, I don't care to even know the whole truth. I'm done. There are too many gaps and too many unknowns about this situation and I don't care to figure it out. I'm going to the party and I'm going to end things with Tyler.

I go into my closet and grab my black halter romper and get dressed. I slip on my black and white dunks and rush to the bathroom to put on my makeup. While I'm filling in my eyebrows my mind wanders back to what I and Tyler did a couple of days ago. Tyler made me feel so good and loved that night. And I just can't believe what I have to do now. A tear falls but I quickly wipe it and regain my composure. This is for the best.

I order an Uber to take me to Aphina's house so I can tell her everything. When I get there I see her dressed up in a short, pink, backless halter dress and her natural hair is out in a beautiful puff.

"Omg you look so good girl", I gush.

She laughs and opens the door wider for me to come in. I step in and give her a big hug.
"I'm done with Tyler", I say.
She doesn't say anything but instead squeezes me tightly which says more than a thousand words. I know she supports me no matter what I do.

"Let me grab my purse and we'll go.", she rushes upstairs and heads back with a cute black purse that matches her shoes.

"How do I look?", she spins.

"You look beautiful", I smile.

"You too bestie, you always do", She sets her arm around my shoulder and we head out.

In the car, I start to go over what I'm going to tell Tyler. A part of me wants to have hope for the two of us. I want to ask him if it's true. If he did fuck Chantel. Maybe he'll have some explanation that will magically fix everything. But then another part of me knows that no matter what he says, I'll always mistrust him. I can't help it.

We pull up at the house and there's already a large number of people here. Walking up to the house I see a girl passed out on the floor. Well damn.

We step beside her and enter the house. Athina holds my hand and squeezes it tightly. Both to guide us through the house and to show her support. Pushing past the crowd of sweaty bodies, we find Elesia and Maya on the dance floor.

"Hey girls, sorry we're late", Aphina says to them.

"It is fine. Y'all look gorgeous by the way.", Maya says.

"You too!", I reply.

I scan the crowd in search of a specific set of eyes. "Hey has anybody seen Tyler?", I ask the girls.

"I think he might be in the kitchen with the rest of the guys", Elesia says.
I nod and release my hand from Aphina's. She gives me a warm smile which comforts me more than ever.

I sigh and make my way to the kitchen. When I get to the archway of the kitchen I see Tyler with his back turned to me as he's surrounded by a bunch of the guys. He's wearing baggy jeans and a black plain t-shirt which is basic but he looks good. He looks so good it hurts.