Section 1: Chapter 5

Author's Note: Hey guys thank you all for actually reading my book. Lmao I know it's all over the place but please bare with me and hopefully it will get better. 😌✋🏿
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
I lay in bed unable to fall asleep. I can't stop thinking about Tyler's plan. Does he really think that fake dating will get Cody's attention. It's the most cliché, overused trick in the playbook. But it might actually work.

Nah. No. Nope.

I am not about to do this wattpad type shit.
I'll just tell Tyler no at school tomorrow.
°
°
°
°
°
°
I peel my eyes open and just lay for a moment thinking about yesterday's events. I stretch and sit up to yawn. I feel well rested. Too well rested. I turn to look at my alarm. FUCK! It's 9:05! I've missed at least 30 minutes of first period. I rush out of bed and hurry to get dressed.

I slip on my blue tracksuit and checkered Van's.
I rush downstairs where i find my mom sitting eating bacon.

"Aminah I thought you took the bus. What are you still doing here?!!", she questions.

"I know. I over slept can you drive me?" I ask.

She gets me to school quickly and I jump out the car. As I enter the school I'm met by the empty hallways.  I might as well wait for first period to be over since class is almost over. I look over and spot the Library. I'll just wait in there. 

I walk into the library and see Tyler at a table towards the back, sitting with a book in his hands. His eyes   This must be where he's at every morning when he's late for first period. I never would've pictured him as a reader.

Now's my chance to tell Tyler that I couldn't go through with the plan. I walk up to Tyler and the first thing I notice when he looks up at me are his sea blue eyes. Wait hold on because he actually looks sort attractive today. Maybe it's his dirty blond hair that seems to be extra fluffy or his refreshing vibe I'm getting off him. He looks back over to his book paying me no mind. 

He looks back over to his book paying me no mind. I sit down across from him and clear my throat loudly in an attempt to get his attention. He continues to keep his eyes trained on the book. I clear my throat again louder this time. And yet again he ignores me. 

"I don't want to do the plan", I finally spit out.

He sighs before he folds down the corner of the page he was reading and sets the book down. As he does so I can't help but look at his hands. They are actually kind of perfect. His veins are-

Um what am I doing!?!

He looks back up at me and sighs. "Just come with me tonight"

"Where?"

"Diego is throwing a party at his house"

"Okay and?", I ask confused.

"And you're coming with me"

"But why though?", I just told him that I'm not fake dating him so what reason do i have to go?

"Just be ready at 7", He says as he gets up. He exits the library without another word.

Well damn. I guess I'm going to the party.
°
°
°
°
°
°
I head to the cafeteria for lunch and take my seat at the usual table. Maya and Aphina are taking a test so it's only me, Chantal and Elesia today.

"So tell me why I have to go to Diego's party tonight with Tyler", I say taking a bite out of my chicken sandwich.

"Ooh girl Diego? That's my boo!",  Chantel squeals.

Elesia laughs. "Babe, you've never even said one word to him"

Chantal rolls her eyes. "But I will once I go to that party! Aminah can I come with y'all?"

"Sure I don't see why not. Just come home with me after school", I shrug.

"Oh Elesia did you want to come to?", I ask.

"I would but it's my mom's birthday today", She says.
°
°
°
°
°
°
We get home from school and immediately Chantel goes for the fridge. I love the girl but damn she sure can eat.

I go to my mom's room to convince her to let me go to this party. I'm sure she's going to say no but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I lied. It does hurt.

"Hey mommy", I peep my head through her room door that was slightly ajar. 

"Uh oh what do you want?" Ah how'd she know? I walk in and put on the sweetest smile I can. She's sitting comfortable in her bed with a movie on. This is the perfect time to ask. 

"Well there's this party that me and Chantel wanted to go to", I  say. 

"And whose party is this"

"This boy from school", I say anxiously.

"Will his parents be there?", She asks.

"Mom this is a high school party", I say annoyed because I knew she would ask something like that.

"That's what I'm worried about", she sighs. 

"Fine you can go but keep your location on and respond to my calls and texts", she gives in.

"Yesssss! Thank you mom"

"Wait but who's taking you guys?" She asks.

"Oh....a friend from school", I hurry out of her room before she asks any more questions.

I run out and find Chantel on our couch eating a pop tart.

"SHE SAID YES!", I yell.

"YES LET'S GO PICK OUT OUR OUTFITS!", She yells back.

We run up stairs and tear open my closet. I end up wearing black flare jeans and a white crop top with a cropped black puffer. Of course I pair the fit with my white air force 1's. Chantel decides on a casual white bodycon dress with a jean jacket over it and her Concord 11's.

I do my everyday makeup look which consists of lashes, eyeliner, lip gloss and a little highlighter. Then I brush out my braids and lay my edges. Chantel does pretty much the same and we're finally ready.

I check my phone and see that Tyler texted me 17 minutes ago, "omw send your address".

I reply, "3 houses down from Cody's".

Since he was on his way a while ago, he should be here soon.

We hear the car pull up in the driveway so me and Chantel say bye to my mom.

Tyler steps out of the car and I take in his appearance. Wow he looks good. He's wearing black cargo pants and a black sweater with white and black dunks. I realize that we're lowkey matching but decide not to say anything. For some reason he seems to be trying to avoid eye contact with me. 

"Chantel I didn't know you were coming", He says noticing her and completely ignoring my presence.

"Oh yeah is that okay?", She asks.

"Yeah it's fine", he says. He finally looks over at me. He looks at me for what feels like forever before Chantel chuckles and gets in the backseat of the car.

"So you're not going to compliment me?", I ask hoping to hear something nice.

He looks me up and down and then locks eyes with me. "You look...................terrible", He says with a smile on his face.

"Huh?",  I say in disbelief. "Boy fuck you", I walk past him to get into the car purposely bumping my shoulder into his.

He gets in a few moments after me and pulls out of my driveway as we make our way to Diego's house.
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
Author's note: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes❤