Section 1: Chapter 9

We get to the Chick-fil-A and go inside. We spot Cody and Amy sitting at a booth waiting for us. We walk over and sit across from them in the booth.

"Hey guys", I greet them.

"Heyyyy", only Amy greets back.

"By the way I just love your hair" Amy says in a sickingly sweet tone yet again.

"Oh thanks"

"Yeah, it looks like a mop but you make it work" She criticizes.

I open my mouth to snap back but Cody cuts me off. "I'm hungry can we order our food already", Cody asks.

"Okay baby what do you want? Me and Aminah will go order the food" Amy tells him. Okay I guess we'll get the food.

"I'll just get the number 5. Twelve count.", he says.

"Me too", Tyler says.

Tyler then hands me a 20 dollar bill."Here use this to pay for your food and mine"

"I can pay for myself....but fine" I say knowing full well I only had 2 dollars to my name.

"What about to drink?", I ask everyone.

"I'm getting a water", Amy says.

"I'll get a Sprite", Tyler says.

"And I'm getting a coke to drink. Cody you too right?" I ask looking at him.

"Yeah. You remembered?", He asks surprised.

"Well yeah of course", I answer.

He nods his head and hums.

"Alright. Aminah let's go", Amy demands while getting up and out of the booth.

I get up and we go up to the counter to order.

"Hi, how may I take your order", The Chick-fil-A worker asks.

"Hi, so we'd like two number 5's, a number 1 and-" I list our orders.

"And a Cobb salad for me", Amy adds.

The worker inputs our orders into the computer. "Okay and what would you like to drink with those?"

"Two cokes, a sprite and a water", I tell the worker.

"Alright that'll be $35.40"

I hand him the 20 that Tyler gave me and Amy gives him another 20.

"We should have your order ready in about 8 minutes" The worker tells us.

Me and Amy walk over to the side to wait for the food.
It's silent between us two for a couple of minutes.

"So I heard you used to like Cody. Is it true?" Amy asks out of the blue.

I'm a little taken aback by the question. I mean I currently sort of maybe like Cody but where did she get used to from?

"W-", I start but I'm cut off by the worker. Thank God because I had no idea what I was going to say to Amy.

"Here's your order" The worker hands me the food.

We walk back to the booth and I set the food on the table.