Section 1: Chapter 7

After dropping Chantel off we're headed for my house. Tyler has one hand on the wheel and the other one tapping his thigh. His eyebrows are furrowed like he's in deep thought so I decide not to make conversation. It's silent but surprisingly comfortable. I turn to look out my window and take in the night view when I notice my mom calling.

*Incoming call from: BirthGiver🤰🏿*

"Hey mom what's up?", I say after picking up.

"I just left for my night shift so I left the key under the mat for you", She says.

"Okay, I should be home soon"

"Alright bye sweetie I love you", She coos.

"I love you too" I hang up.

I sigh. I hate being home alone all the time. My mom is a nurse at an emergency room and works the night shifts so she pretty much sleeps during the day and then from 10pm to 4am she's up all night working. As for my dad he works for hotel chains and is always away on some business trip for work . That means that other than when I'm with the girls, I spend alot of time alone.

Tyler turns the corner which puts us into oncoming traffic.

"Fuck", he mumbles. "I might get you home a little late", he says as he turns to me.

"It's fine. No one is home anyway" I assure. I really did not want to go home since I was going to be all by myself like always.

And that's when an idea came into mind.

"Hey do you wanna do something?"
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
"You can set the snacks on the table over there" I tell Tyler pointing at the glass coffee table standing in the middle of my living room.
I then lock my front door and hang the key up.

"You can get comfortable, I'll be right back" I run upstairs to remove my shoes and get into something more comfortable. I change into black matching T-shirt and shorts then run back downstairs.

The idea I had was for Tyler to hang out at my house for a while and we could watch a movie with snacks. Nothing serious just two acquaintances hanging out watching a movie. Surprisingly he agreed and we went to Walmart and bought as many snacks as we could pay for.

When I walk into the living room, Tyler already has the tv on Netflix and is laying across our couch with a bag of Takis in his hand. When he notices me walk in he says nothing and just stares.

"What?" I ask confused by his stare.

"So what movie should we watch?" Tyler asks changing the subject. He's not slick but whatever I let him get away with it.

"Um it depends. Do you want horror, comedy or romance" I ask taking a seat on the floor in front of the couch.

"I'm not in the mood for horror"

I giggle " Awww are you gonna get nightmares", I mock.

"Haha" He says dryly.

"Okay I have a movie we can watch" I clicked on my favorite movie Always a Bridesmaid. It's a romantic comedy about a girl who is always invited to be the bridesmaid at other people's weddings but when it comes to her own love life she's completely lost.

"This looks bor-" , Tyler starts.

"I don't care we're watching it" I cut him off.