Section 1: Chapter 15

*2 months later*

Tyler and I hang out all the time and we're very close. He knows just about as much about me as my girls do. Which is a lot. He still hasn't asked me to officially be his girlfriend but it's something we've both agreed on.

The girls are currently over at my house for a sleepover. We're huddled up on my bedroom floor gossiping about the guys.

"Y'all my man is so fine", Chantel brings up for the 100th time this evening.

"Girl we get it damn", I say getting annoyed.

"Well my bad for being in love.", She scoffs.

We all roll our eyes at her.

"Anyways. Aminah how's it going with you and Tyler", Maya changes the subject.

"Really good actually", I tell them.

"Yall are so cute I swear", Aphina says.

"Stopppp", I look away embarrassed.

"Aww, our friend is in love." Elesia coos.

"Shut up guys"

"But Aminah are you guys official yet?", Chantel asks.

"Well, not yet but I'm cool with that," I say honestly. I thought about it and I just want us to continue getting to know each other and just having fun.

"Are you sure?", She asks.

"I'm positive"

I'm downstairs throwing away our pizza boxes when my phone dings. I check it and I'm shocked to see a Snapchat notification from the person I least expected. Cody Finch.

I slide the chat to read his message without him knowing I've read it.

*Snapchat from: Cody👩🏻‍🦲*

Cody: hey we need to talk

My brain is going crazy trying to figure out what Cody could want to talk about. We haven't spoken since the incident at Chick-fil-A. Maybe that's what it's about. Or maybe it's about Tyler. Whatever it is I can't shake this uneasy feeling in my stomach.

I run back upstairs and decide to deal with this later. Right now I just want to spend time with my friends.

The girls are all asleep while I'm up. I convinced myself to respond to Cody to figure out what he has to tell me.

Me: what is it that we need to talk about?

Some minutes pass by before I get the notification that he's typing.

*Cody👩🏻‍🦲is typing........*

When it finally shows that he's done I press on the chat.

Cody: meet me at the spot tmrw at 2

Me: ok? But why can't you tell me now

Instead of replying, he leaves me on open. Rude much?

I'm just going to go to sleep and deal with this tomorrow.

I wake up and look around me to see all the girls knocked out dead asleep. Since none of us can cook I order some IHOP on DoorDash.

I hear Maya start to snore a little too loudly so I shake her awake. Well, I attempt to. She just moves around a bit then goes right back to sleep. This time her snoring is louder than before. I shake her even harder finally waking her.

"Yes!?!" she yells frustrated with me for disturbing her sleep. She sits up and rubs her eyes.

"Don't be mad at me. You were the one snoring." I roll my eyes at her.