Section 1: Chapter 29

It's the last few weeks of school and I'm so glad it's almost over. Although I got Tyler this year, all the stress and drama has been too much.

Me and the girls are at my house studying for finals week. I ended up getting exempt from all my classes except Chemistry and Journalism because of all my tardies. Aphina was exempt from all of them as well as Maya. Elesia had missed the exemption curve by 1 point in Calculus.

"Ugh I still don't get the difference between sine and tangent", Elesia complains.

"Girl SohCahToa", I say.

"Huh?

"Sine is opposite over hypotenuse. So Soh", I break it down.

"And then Tangent is opposite over adjacent. Therefore Toa", Aphina adds.

"Ohhhhhh. That literally makes so much sense", She exclaims.

"I know right", I say.

We have to work our asses off during finals because our parents agreed to let us go on a trip together if we all pass. I'm planning to invite Tyler so that we can get away from all this mess.

We're all talking when I hear my doorbell ring.

"I'll get it", Aphina says. She sets her phone down and heads out my room.

I hear her retreating footsteps before she opens the door. I then hear a voice but I can't make out exactly who it is .

"Oh hell no. Get the fuck out!", i hear Aphina yell.

The girls and I race out my room to see what it was all about. That's when I see a worn down looking Chantel at the front of my house. Her hair is tied in a messy puff. She's wearing her pajamas and crocs. It seems like she had been up all night telling from the bags under her eyes

When she sees me she immediately busts into tears, whining and crying.

"Aminah I'm so so sorry", I can barely make out what she's saying between sniffles.

"Nah, you're only sorry you got caught", Maya says.

"No no I promise that's not it. I miss you girls so much", Chantel insists.

"Honestly Chantel....", I start.

"You're a terrible human being. Me and you have been best friends since 4th grade and I've always had your back. Guys used to throw themselves at you and I was always the last choice. Now that I have people on me, your horny desperate ass can't handle it. I finally get a little bit of attention and you spread your legs for them.", I start to rant.

I look at her shocked face and start to find humor in this situation. "You're a fake ass bitch and have no business in my home.", I say holding the door getting ready to slam it in her face.

"WAIT!", I hear Chantel yell.

"Girl give me one reason why I shouldn't slam this door in your face", I  grow impatient.

"Tyler didn't tell you the whole truth about me and him", Chantel says.

I freeze for a second.

"What are you talking about?", I ask her again in disbelief.

"It's true that at first I was the one going after him. I wasn't getting attention from Diego and you and Tyler seemed so happy. I hated it. So I snapped him and he wouldn't budge. I was honestly going to give up. But then y'all stopped talking because you thought he was into Amy. He ended up calling me up and we ended up fuc-", that was all she was able to get out before I slammed the door in her face. I simply do not believe her. She's a liar and it would be pointless to continue to listen to what she said.

"Do you believe her?", Maya whisper asked.

"No.", is all I said.

It was about 10 pm and I was home alone. The girls had left hours ago and it was just me. My mom was working the late shift and my dad went out to get drinks with his buddies. My head had been racing since that whole thing with Chantel and watching Euphoria wasn't doing anything to get it off my mind.

I picked up my phone and texted Tyler.

*iMessages with MyMan❤️* I ended up changing his contact name and smiled because this was more fitting.

Me: Hey you wanna come over?

Tyler: your parents aren't home?

Me: Nopeeee 🤸🏿‍♀️

Tyler: You want food?
Me: ofc

Tyler: I'm on my way.

I shut my phone off and sighed in satisfaction. Him coming over was sure to ease my anxiety about this whole situation.

I lay on my couch waiting patiently for what feels like forever but in reality was really only 45 mins. Finally I hear the doer bell ring.

I rush to the door and open it to see a smiling Tyler carrying a bag of seafood and two cokes.

"Omg you brought a seafood boil!?!", i question in excitement.

"Yea. I had to drive a bit into the city but it wasn't too bad." , Tyler walks in.

"Bro I love you.", I blurt out.

Tyler sets the food down as his body movements slow down . "Is that a "I love you because you brought me food", or an "I actually love you?", He asks looking up at me. His eyes hold a mix of emotions. Love. Joy. And regret?

I'm quiet for a bit. Do I really want to be the first one to say it? Am I this down bad?

"It's an I actually love you", I clear up.

Tyler takes quick steps to approach me. When he reaches me he places his hand on the back of my neck and brings my head closer to his.

"I love you so much more", He places a kiss on the corner of my lips and pulls away.

We both silently dig into the seafood placed before us.

"This shit is so good", I moan putting a seasoned piece of shrimp in my mouth.

Tyler nods in agreement.

"Oh by the way, Chantel came", I bring up what happened earlier.

Tyler absentmindedly responds, "what's she want?"

"She said she wanted to tell me the "truth" about everything", I roll my eyes recalling her nonsense.

"Oh.", Is all Tyler says. My eyes flickered to his face. His thick eyebrows were furrowed and he had a frown on his face.

"Yea I ignored her though. Didn't want to hear the bullshit", I shrugged.

"That's good", He says distantly. "Well I'm kinda full so I'm gonna go wash up", He gets up and makes his way to my bathroom.

Beginning to feel full as well, I wipe my hands off with a napkin and tie up the bag. I clean up our mess and head into the kitchen where I place the leftovers in the fridge. I wash my hands extra thorough because I had remnants of the fish in my nails.

Tyler walks back into the living room with stressed look on his face.

"You good?", I ask him. I sit on the scooch over on the couch making space for him.

"Yea I'm good.", He lays on my lap sideways getting comfortable.

"I'm fucked", I swear I hear him mumble.

Author's note:

hey babessss. This book is almost over. And the ending is probably going to upset a lot of you guys☺️

I'm honestly thinking of making a sequel but I want you guys to comment if you really think I should.

Vote, comment, share

Lol I had to reupload because it didn't publish it as new or something so here y'all go again.