Section 2: Chapter 8

I fold the pair of jeans in my hands and set it on top of the open suitcase laying on my bed. Frowning, I realize that I can't possibly fit anything else in it. I attempt to close the suitcase but the zip doesn't budge.

I packed more than I need but this business trip is very important and I had no idea what to pack. So I packed everything.

I jump onto my bed and sit on the stuffed case. Using all my strength, I tug at the zip. I manage to get it halfway before the zipper gets stuck. Shit.

"Aphinaaaa!", I yell. She rushes into my room and chuckles at the sight of me.

"Bitch you packed your whole closet", she jokes.

"Can you just help me close this? Tyler will be here soon", I say. I insisted he does not drive all the way over here but he wouldn't listen. Even though it would have been an easier choice for me to just meet him at the airport.

Aphina grabs the zipper and pulls while I bounce on the suitcase. The zipper successfully goes around the suitcase and we both cheer.

"Girl I'm gonna miss you", I whine as I hug Aphina.

"Bitch I'm glad you're going. I need alone time with my man", she pushes me off her while laughing. She recently started dating a guy named Devin. She met him at the bar and they've been inseparable since.

"Wow I can't believe you're not gonna miss me", I slightly nudge her.
To my surprise, she nudges me back only 10 times harder than I did her. Of course, I'm not going to let her get away with it so I full-on push her.
Soon we begin wrestling while cursing at each other.

All of a sudden I hear our doorbell ring.
I force Aphina off of me and before walking out I flip her off. That must be Tyler, guess he's here early. When I open the front door, I'm greeted by a casual-looking Tyler. He's wearing a grey Nike hoodie and sweatpants with the hood over him. A few loose strands of dirty blond stick from the hood. This man is just too attractive.

"Hey", a small smile tugs at his lips. I can't help but smile as I respond. Thoughts of the other time he was here flood my mind. "We're going to end up together". I feel myself blush at the memory.

"Come in", I step aside giving him room to walk in. He walks in and his eyes scan all over me.
Suddenly I become aware of what I'm wearing. I have on black booty shorts and a tight white t-shirt. And I'm not wearing a bra.

"Oh shit my bad I thought you were coming later", I feel my face getting hot.

"It's fine", he smiles sheepishly.

"I'll be right back", I squeal before running into my room. Aphina is sprawled on my bed when I rush in.

"Is that Tyler?", she asks.

I nod and walk into my closet looking for something to wear. I settle on leggings and a zip-up jacket. I slip on my ugg boots and hurry to the bathroom. Luckily I took a shower earlier so I don't have to do much. I tie my newly done braids into a light ponytail. After I moisturize my face I don't bother with makeup because I already packed it into my suitcase.

"How do I look?", I ask Aphina as I spray perfume.

"Like a bum", she states. I flip her off before grabbing my purse and suitcase then exit the room.

"Okay sorry I'm ready", I say. Tyler walks over to me and grabs my suitcase.

"No no it's okay", I keep my grip on my luggage.

"Amina let me take it for you", he insists. I sigh and let go so that he can take it. He pulls the case behind him as he walks out of the apartment with me following behind.