Section 1: Chapter 11

Today's the day that I'm supposed to go with Aphina and her little boo thing to the movies. I still have no idea what he looks like so this should be interesting.

I wanted to go casual and comfortable so I pick out a white thrasher shirt and some leggings with my Concord 11's. I tie my hair up in a bun and put nothing on my face but lipgloss.

I unplug my phone that was charging because I was not about to be their third wheel without my phone fully charged to distract me from the awkwardness.

I text Aphina to see if she's on her way so that we could walk to the movie theater together.

She doesn't respond after a few minutes so I decide to facetime her. After a few rings she picks up.

*Facetime call with: Aphina❤️*

"Girl where are you?", I ask.

I can't see much but through the screen it seems like she's not even ready yet. It looks like she's laying on her bed in her home clothes.

"Oh hey girl", she stalls.

"Aphina why aren't you here?", I ask again.

"Um I'll be a while so why don't you go on ahead without me and I'll meet you there", She says.

"But why don't I just come over and help you get ready" I ask.

"No, no, no it's fine just go ahead", she insists.

"But Aphina it's your date" I tell her. At this point I have no idea what this girl is doing.

"Girl it's fine just go okay? I'm almost done getting ready", she lies. I know full well she hasn't started getting ready.

"But Aphi-" before I can even finish complaining she hangs up on me.

I sigh and get up deciding to do what Aphina said and just go on ahead to the movie theater.

I say goodbye to my parents who think I'm going to Aphina's house to study.

I walk the ten minutes to the movie theater and stand by the entrance to wait for Aphina to get here.

I wait for a couple of minutes but I start to get tired of standing so I call Aphina again. She doesn't pick up so I call her again. And yet again she doesn't pick up.

I'm contemplating leaving when I hear a familiar voice. "You're here."

I look over and see that it was Tyler.

"Tyler what are you doing here?", I ask. I take in what he's wearing. He has on Adidas track pants and a white hoodie. God there is something about this boy.

"Well I-"

That's when I come to a realization, "Oh wait so you're Aphina's date?"

"Well no actually", He says. Hearing him say that made me feel a tiny bit relieved.

"Then why are you here", I question.

"For you", he says.

"What do mean?", I ask.

Tyler opens his mouth like he's about to say something but then closes it.

"Well?", I press.

"I was walking by and I saw you so I came to hey" he says. Something inside me tells me that he's not telling the truth but I suppress the feeling.

"Oh okay. Yeah I'm just waiting for Aphina and this guy" I say leaning back against the building.

"Well do you want to go in and watch a movie?" He asks.

I think to myself on whether or not I should go watch something with Tyler. I mean I could wait for Aphina here but i would just end up watching with her and this mystery guy.

"Yeah let's do it", I decide on it.

Tyler nods his head and walks ahead of me to open the door. I walk into the theater and the smell of buttery popcorn fills my nose.

"So what movie should we watch?" I ask him.

"I don't care you pick" He shrugs.

"Let's watch the Conjuring 2" I point to the poster up on the wall.

"Oh really a horror movie?" He questions with a small smirk playing on his face.

"I'm feeling adventurous today", I giggle.

"Okay then if you're sure about this" He says.

Thankfully the line for the Conjuring isn't too long and we quickly make it to the front to buy our tickets.

"Hi can we get two tickets for the Conjuring 2 please?" I ask the guy at the ticket booth.

"Okay that's $15.28", he says.

I realize that I didn't bring money for my ticket since I assumed Aphina would be paying for me.

"Don't worry I got it" Tyler hands the guy a 20.

"Thanks" I tell him.

The guy gives Tyler our tickets and we head to the concessions to buy our snacks.

"What do you want to eat?" Tyler ask me.

"Well we can share a popcorn and I'll just get a sprite.", I tell him.

Tyler orders our popcorn and my sprite as well as a lemonade for himself.

We grab our food and find our assigned seat in the theater room. We're early so the previews are still playing and there's barely anyone in the room yet.

"Are you sure you want to watch this?", he asks.

"Yeah I'll be fine", I assure.

When the previews are finally over the movie starts to play. Every once in a while during the movie I grab some of the popcorn and take a sip of my sprite.

Throughout the movie I feel Tyler's eyes on me. One thing I've realized about him is that he likes to stare. ALOT. But I don't really mind it.

Eventually the movie is over so me and Tyler get up from our seats and leave. On our way out I throw out our trash.

As we walk out the theater the chilly night wind hits my face.

We start to walk a little and it's quiet between us.

"So....", I finally say.

"So", Tyler also says.

"Do you think you're gonna get nightmares?", I jokingly ask.

"No of course not", he laughs.

Our walking comes to a stop and we just stand there laughing and talking. I just love how pretty his smile is.

All of a sudden I feel butterflies fluttering around in my belly. Something in me wants to just grab Tyler and kiss him. Sort of like a magnet i feel a strong pull to him.

"What's wrong?", He asks.

Looking at him I can't take it anymore so I just do it. I kiss Tyler.
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
Author's note: oop teaaaa! Vote plsssss:)