Section 2: Chapter 2

Aminah's POV:

Hell no. This wasn't happening.

Tyler Pierson. Is my new boss?

He looks good. Like really really good. He wore a white dress shirt tucked into black pants. And an expensive-looking watch on his wrist. He had a slight beard growing in and his jawline had gotten more defined. His eyes were still the same. Beautiful and blue. I think he even got taller.

Tyler sticks his hand out to mine. "Hi, Aminah is it?", he asks. He towers over me way more than he used to. I look up at him dead in the eyes. I try to find any sort of recognition in them. Does he not remember? No, but he has to. Was he pretending?

Two can play that game. I force a smile on my face and shake his hand. "Yes sir", I forced out.

I see a smirk form on his face which quickly forms into a serious face. It was so quick that nobody else would have noticed.  The little fucker remembers me.  "I will be your new boss starting tomorrow and tardiness will not be permitted. I expect diligence and professionalism from you as my assistant. ", he states. Damn when'd he get so bossy.

I quickly nodded. "Good.", He says with a smile on his face. The smile sent shivers down my spine. He was enjoying this.

"That's all Aminah, you may leave", Mr. Reed dismissed.
I waste no time escaping the awkward situation and run to the bathroom. I lock myself in a stall and freak out.

Oh my God. I can't believe this. Tyler is back in my life. And he looks so damn fine. And the way he smiled at me made heat rise at my core. I can just ima-
No.
No.
No.
Aminah you're with Sean. He's perfect for you. And think about what Tyler did to you in the past. And how long it took you to get over him.

Tyler had to have planned this. Had to. There's no way he would've just randomly showed up here. There are so many other companies he could've ended up at but he had to end up in mine? This is some straight-up Wattpad shit.

I get up and leave the stall. Before leaving I check myself out in the mirror and fix my composure. I take a deep breath while opening the door and come face to face with Tyler.

GREAT JUST MY LUCK!

I grab his arm and drag him over to the corner that was concealed by a plant.

"Okay, Tyler cut the shit. What are you doing here", I ask.

"I'm sorry? Have we met before?", He asks feigning confusion. I caught a quick whiff of his cologne and omg he smelled good.

"Are you serious?", I place my hands on my hips.

Tyler keeps his composure for .5 seconds before bursting into laughter. "Alright baby, you got me", He admits defeat. Baby? Where'd that come from? And why did I kind of like it?

"Ew don't call me that. And what are you doing here?", I ask.

"As I said earlier, I'm your new boss.", he shrugs.

"Out of all the companies in the world, you somehow ended up at mine?", I question. I mean what are the chances?

"What you think I'm up to something?", he asks. I nod. "Oh please don't flatter yourself. I got this job offer last month when I was working for my dad's company and decided to take it because I needed a change of pace. If I had any idea you were working here, I probably wouldn't have taken the job", he says harshly. Well damn.

"Oh okay my bad sorry", I say. I guess it was kind of egotistical of me to assume he planned this. It's probably just a really big coincidence. "Okay, can we just start over? Let's act as if everything in the past never happened and we're just now meeting", I propose.