Section 1: Chapter 10

It's Monday at 8:02 a.m as I'm pushing past all the testosterone filled teens trying to make my way to first period. I almost slept passed my alarm this morning and put on the first thing I could find and rushed to school. As a result I was dressed like a bum in an oversized hoodie and sweatpants.

I trudge into Chemistry and to my surprise Tyler is sitting bright and early in his seat.

I take my seat beside him. "Not you being in class on time", I joke.

A little smile tugs at his lips. "Shut up"

The rest of the students pile in and Mrs.Rhodes soon follows. She starts rambling on about molecules and ions as I lay my head on my desk.

I soon feel my eyes start to shut so I blink really fast in an effort to stay awake. After a while I give in and just shut my eyes.

I'm woken up by someone tapping on my shoulder.

"Aminahhhhh" I hear male voice whisper in my ear. I can't quite make out who it is but why are they interrupting my sleep.

"Hmm" I hum in response.

"Aminah your class is over" I hear the same voice again.

I slowly feel the sleepiness wash over me. I pick my head off the table and stretch. I turn and realize that the person that woke me up was Cody.

"Um you have something-" Cody points to the corner of his mouth.

I touch the corner of my lip and I'm met by drool. I instantly wipe it with my sleeve. I wanted to shrivel up and die. To the point where if I was white my cheeks would be as red as a tomato.

I quickly get up from my seat and grab my backpack. "Thanks I guess", I mumble. Instead of saying anything else I walk away and out the class.

Maybe that was rude of me but what he did was fake I don't care.

°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
I'm in 7th period when I hear my phone ding. I thought I turned it off but I guess not. Mr.Mich, my Pre-calculas teacher is teaching about tangents and I'm supposed to be paying attention. So I try to ignore it but 3 more dings follow after that.

I grab my phone out of my backpack quietly. I then position it at an angle in front of my desk where Mr. Mich won't catch me on it.

I look and see that Tyler is the one who was blowing up my phone.

*iMessage from: UglyBritishBoy🙄*

Tyler: Aminah

Tyler: Aminahh🌚

Tyler: Aminahhhhhhh

Ugh what does he want now? I look up at Mr.Mich to make sure he's still teaching and hasn't noticed me on my phone. He's still rambling about math so I go back on my phone to see what Tyler wants.

Me: what you want white boy?

Within a few seconds he replies.

Tyler: what class you in?💁🏼‍♂️

Me: Pre-calculas🙄. You?

Tyler: English literature

Me: ok so why aren't you paying attention

Tyler: why aren't you?👀

Me: I asked you first

Tyler: I asked you second.....
Me: Bye

Tyler: ok ok calm down

Me : that's what I thought british boy👩🏻‍🦲

Tyler: that's why you have a big forehead.

Me: is that your only comeback?

Tyler: that's why your built like the c in Chick-fil-A 💀

Me: 😭✋🏿that was uncalled for

Tyler: lmao I had to

Me: i would come up with a comeback but class is almost over.

Tyler: excuses excuses

Me: bye fr this time

The bell rings and I pack my stuff up to leave.

"Alright class page 42-44 is due on Wednesday" Mr. Mich tells the whole class.

I walk out to my locker to put my books up. Aphina is there waiting for me.

"Girl I need your help!", She freaks out.

"With what?", I ask opening up my locker. I put my books in and re-lock it.

"So this guy invited me to the movies next week" she starts.

"Okay and?"

"I need you to come", she pleads.

"Um why?", I ask. I don't really feel like being the awkward third wheel for Aphina and whatever guy she was going to the movies with. Plus my mom probably won't let me go since I've been going out alot lately.

"Well it's just awkward between us" she says.

"Please, please, please, please" she begs.

"No Aphina just ask one of the girls"

"They're all busy and I know you have nothing better to do", she says. Ouch that stung a bit. I mean she's right but still.

"You're not really helping yourself"

"Please bestie", she sticks out her bottom lip in an attempt to put on a pouty face.

"Bitch you look stupid", I laugh at her how extra she is.

"I'm not gonna stop until you agree", she presses.

"Ugh fine okay", I give in.

"YES THANK YOU I LOVE YOU AND YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL", She rambles on in excitement.

"Yeah yeah whatever you owe me though" I wrap one of my arms around her shoulder and me make our way out of the school and to home.

"Mhm" she hums. I see a little smirk on her face but I can't quite make out what the meaning behind it was.

"Girl who is this guy anyways?" I ask.

She hesitates a bit before answering, "Oh um he's in my theater class. Remember I told you about him?". That's weird. I don't really remember Aphina bringing up and guy from theater.

"You'll meet him at the movies", she adds.

"Alright then", I say. I'm a little bit suspicious about all this because since when did Aphina need me to third wheel for her? But this is Aphina we're talking about so I guess I'll be there for her.
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
Author's note: okay guys I admit this chapter was really short but this is sort of a filler. Anyways thank you so much for 300 reads and I feel like I accomplished a lot. Please vote:)