Chapter Eighteen

"Zachary come on in son and meet the Beaumont's" Max hollowed from across the room waving him inside.

"Sorry I'm late Mr Jenson, my mother wouldn't let me leave without a tie and I couldn't find one" Zac chuckled and Max responded with a chuckle of his own as he lead him to the chair next to Raven.

Zac was introduced to Jefferson and Maggie Beaumont and Raven was pleasantly surprised that Zac was here and instantly relaxed in his company. He was very smartly dressed and had clearly made an effort dressed in a two piece navy blue suit with white shirt and the lost navy tie. Zac gave Raven a friendly wink as he took his seat next to her and Raven introduced him to the brothers. Firstly to Marcus the more confident brother shook Zac's hand then Raven introduced Samuel who stood up and took hold of Zac's hand in his and both Zac and Samuel froze with the most extraordinary feeling between them both. It was like an electric current shooting from one to the another and back again. They both let go and sat back down looking confused back at each other.

Marcus had noticed like Raven had, what had just happened but instantly got to talking about the Seattle reservation and various sporting events. Raven immediately liked Marcus and found him quite amusing but she noticed that Samuel looked quite uncomfortable sat next to his brother and was clearly out of his depth and spent most of the meal looking everywhere but at her or Zac. Marcus had tried on several occasions to bring him into the conversation but sadly to no avail.

"You alright there Zac?" Raven asked her best friend.

"Your father thought it would help with this wedding shit if I was here to support you?" he whispered into her ear when Marcus had took a break from the conversation to drink his beer.

"I'm glad your here" Raven replied and gave Zac a kiss on his cheek.

Mrs Cookson has pulled out all the stops and served a joint of beef and a honey glazed ham with several different types of potatoes Including Raven's favorite buttery mash and goose fat roasted sweet potato, asparagus, carrots and glazed parsnips to accompany. There were several sauce boats on the table with contents of Evelyn famous luscious horseradish cream and sweet apple gravy. Everything looked delicious and Raven was famished as her stomach was empty from her earlier sickness episode. Max served more wine and beers to the guests as everybody polished off the delicious food.

Max and Jefferson discussed dates for the upcoming nuptials and Juliette and Maggie were excitingly discussing flowers and the guest list. After an hour of wedding chatter they have agreed that the wedding will be held at the Stone Chapel on the reservation here at Lake Creek which is only a five minute walk from the Jenson's cabin along the Creek Cemetery footpath and takes a route through the forest.

The Stone Chapel is aptly named because of it's highly polished stone appearance and is a sight to behold. It was built out of white limestone slabs of stone by the ancestors of Lake Creek and dates back to the early eighteenth century. The beautiful building is central to the pack werewolves and is perfectly placed for both the sun and moon beams to reflect their rays off its impressive bell tower which holds a huge copper bell that is open to the elements. All pack members of Lake Creek have been married in the Chapel by the appointed Chaplin and the passing services which celebrate the lives of the deceased pack members have been held in the Stone Chapel for centuries. 

Large double wooden doors with brass handles open into a vast room with light oak wooden benches lining both sides of the Chapel. Each bench is perfectly placed under a clear glass diamond shaped window and a solitary aisle leads from the entrance to the altar where the blessings of marriage and the celebration of life take place. A wooden staircase to the right of the altar leads to the bell tower and hundreds of candles in copper wall mounted holders line the walls. Their is a stunning colorful stained glass window behind the altar that spans the entire wall and shows several scenes depicting the ever changing moon. The blue of the sky and the green of the forest lightens in colour when the beams of light shine on through. Alpha's who depart the world have the honor of being laid to rest in the neighboring mausoleum that lies to the west of the Creek Cemetery along with their Luna's and pack members are buried within the grounds.