Chapter Two

The small town of Adela was one of the settlements shared by humans and werewolves and currently has a population of around two thousand residents, more than half of the townsfolk are werewolves and most reside at the local reservation, Pine Cavern but many do prefer to live a quieter life on the outskirts of town. Adela was founded by the Jenson family and their ancestors made the town what it is today. Since the middle of the nineteenth century the Jenson family have lived part time in Adela and part time at the reservation in Lake Creek which was four hours drive south of Adela. They have conserved Adela's plethora of luxurious dense forest that surrounds this picturesque town and the majority of the trees that grow here are pine trees and the smell envelopes the town in abundance. A few coffee shops line the main street along with a couple of bars, a grocery store and a bowling alley. With not much entertainment on offer in this sleepy town, most of the humans use their spare time to hike in the surrounding forest much to the werewolves annoyance and spend their weekends at the stunning Crystal Cove beach, which is less than half an hour from the centre of town and aptly named for its crystal clear waters.

The werewolves mostly keep themselves to the forest and give the humans a wide berth as they know the law about inter species breeding and no one wants to end up on the bad side of a council elder who wouldn't hesitate in sentencing them to death for any intimate relations with a human being. The werewolves limit their time spent in the company of the humans but as Adela is a small town not all avoidance is possible and the werewolves just make sure they are careful not to give the humans a reason to suspect anything is different about them.

Maxwell Jenson is the Alpha of the Lake Creek pack and the newest member of the family to move to Adela and is very handsome. He moved here around eighteen years ago when he first got married and took over the conservation of the Adela forest from his late father Franklin Jenson and bought a run down stilted house on Crystal Cove beach which he and his new wife took just under a year renovating.

They turned the once dilapidated house into a glorious three story glass fronted home that only enhanced the stunning ocean view. Being raised Inland surrounded by forests and mountains can become claustrophobic and when he saw the uninterrupted view of the crystal clear waters, he jumped at the chance to purchase his future family home and loved the sound of the waves lapping against the shore as it instantly relaxed him.

Although the Jenson family own several homes between Adela and Lake Creek, the draw of living in a beach front property was too much to ignore for Maxwell and his new wife Anna who couldn't wait to leave the reservation at Lake Creek and move to Adela. It was agreed that Maxwell could continue his Alpha duties from afar and his brothers and best friend from childhood would keep a watchful eye on the pack in his absence and Max agreed to head back every weekend to deal with any Alpha matters that needed his attention.

The Jenson family are very well thought of within the Adela community, well Maxwell Jenson is very well liked but his daughter Raven, not so much as both the human townsfolk and the werewolves feel Raven has a brush stuck up her arse and needs to learn some bloody manners after antagonising pretty much everyone she has ever met in the sleepy town. The locals can be heard telling anyone who cares to listen that Raven really thinks she's something in the small town and that just because her family founded the town doesn't give her free licence to do whatever she wants to whomever she wants.

Raven Chelsea Jenson is one rude, stuck up, obnoxious young lady with a very large axe to grind and is so angry with whomever gets in her way that sometimes her hands tremble with rage. No wonder her behaviour has much to be desired having a father who is a workaholic and no mother in her life to be a role model to show her the correct way to behave. The werewolves have been instructed by their Alpha to not make Raven aware of their world as Max Jenson decided that he wanted to allow Raven as normal of a human life as she could before he made her aware that she is the Alpha in waiting to the Lake Creek pack and also a pre transformed werewolf. Raven is breathtakingly beautiful with long jet black hair that falls down to her waist and a pale but flawless complexion. She has a body models would die for and she knows it. She uses the effect she has on boys to get them to do exactly what she wants, however her attitude is her Achilles heel. She is down right nasty to everyone and treats them all with the contempt she feels they deserve, everyone to Raven is a second class citizen and only put on this earth to serve her needs and nothing more. Her mother passed away when she was young and she was pretty much raised by the housekeeper Mrs Evelyn Cookson. Maxwell Jenson had no time for his daughter after he lost his wife as every time he looked at her it reminded him of what he had lost. Raven is the spitting image of her mother in looks and also in her anger outbursts and this reminder was too much for Max to have to deal with so he left the day to day raising of his daughter to Mrs Cookson who lived with them at Crystal Cove.