Chapter Twenty Three

Gray bounded after his girl and he followed her sweet scent that lead the way to her. He passed several members of the Honour Guard who were still on high alert from the Seattle Alpha's visit and patrolling the forest until Alpha Maxwell informs them to stand down. Raven was a little way in front of Grayson but he had been a transforming werewolf a lot longer than his girl and he knew his muscles could be pushed harder and pressed his paws into the ground and propelled himself forward gaining on his black goddess until he was by her side. 

Grayson hadn't transformed in several years but since the car accident he had now taken on his werewolf form over a dozen times. He had forgot how enjoyable it was to just let go and run for the enjoyment. Raven looked at Gray who was now running on her left flank but losing concentration at this speed can be dangerous and Raven being normally a clumsy human being, ran straight into a tree trunk that was in her path. A loud crack stopped Gray in his tracks and he turned back around and ran back towards his girl. The jet black werewolf laid lifeless at the foot of the tree and Grayson transformed back into his human form and checked Raven over. 

There was a strong heart beat thumping under her fur as he felt her neck but the crack must have been her skull hitting the large solid tree trunk. Gray moved her large head from side to side and looked for any bleeding. He found no blood seepage but could already feel a lump growing on her forehead. Gray sat down next to Raven and waited until she came around. It was only fifteen minutes before she began to stir and Grayson jumped back to his feet and watched as Raven slowly got back onto all four of her impressive leg's but she was very wobbly and Grayson was no use to her in his human form so he transformed back into the majestic Grey werewolf and leaned his weight against her, supporting her body with his own and stopping her from falling over again.

When werewolves are in their transformed state they can communicate with each other through a mind link and have the ability to block unwanted chatter. Grayson took this opportunity to ask Raven how she was feeling and if she was hurt through their mind link. He didn't get much sense out of her at first as she was very muddled in her mind but after a few minutes he managed to find out that her neck was ok but her head was pounding at the front and her vision was blurred. He said for her to lie down which she did without argument and he laid next to her and placed his paw on hers. 

They laid there for some time, there minds silent and both must have nodded off because when Grayson woke Raven was sat tucked into his side as her naked body was exposed to the elements. She was shivering against him and was back in her human form and visibly cold. She had a large purple black bruise on her forehead and her eyes were still glazed but she shot Gray a little smile as he looked at her and he transformed back into his human form and sat down next to her on the cold ground. Raven had her legs pulled up to her chest and her arms were wrapped around her knees trying to keep in as much warmth as she could. She had cuts to her forearms and the back of her hands but they had already begun to heal and the blood was dried on her skin.

Gray wrapped his arms around his girl and the trembling of Raven's naked body calmed at his touch and she welcomed the heat from his body. Raven was embarrassed to find herself naked again in the forest and less than twenty four hours after Marcus saw her in all her glory. Gray was a lot more confident with his body than Raven was but then Gray has been transforming from a werewolf to a human for twenty years and had probably found himself in this position more times than he cares to remember.

"Baby how you feeling?" Gray asked her rubbing her back with his callused hand.

"Numb" she answered him with chattering teeth.

"This bracelet is your binding to me?" Gray told her running his finger around the bracelet on her wrist and Raven loved the feeling she got when Gray touched any part of her body.