Chapter Three

Maxwell Jenson is a ruthless employer and rules his empire with an iron fist. He has Breaker complete rigorous background checks on everyone who applies for a position in his casino hotel. Breaker is an imposing man just over six foot five in height with a build like a stone wall. He has to have his suits specially tailored as his off the rack size does not exist. Breaker favours the all black traditional suit with black tie and crisp white shirt. His shiny black shoes finish off his look and he always looks perfectly smart. Max chooses to employ werewolves from his Lake Creek pack back home as they have already showed him their unwavering loyalty. If Max doesn't feel that he can trust someone then they have no place in his life or his business. Anna had really done a number on him and when she left him she actually took a part of Max with her. 

The part that was understanding and caring left when she swept out of their lives and left an overprotective father, unforgiving employer and workaholic. One wrong move and you was gone, fired, no second chances and Max accepted no excuses. With the growing success of the casino and the plans for a second Max employed Terry Matthew's to manage the Adela casino and hotel and over the past several years he has shown Max that he is more than capable of hiring and firing. He is exceptional with the clientele and has a real knack of handling difficult customers. Max see's a lot of himself in Terry as he doesn't suffer fools likely. Terry is tall with olive skin and is built like your typical werewolf, muscular and exceptionally strong with mesmerising blue eyes that makes Terry a constant hit with the ladies. Terry grew up at Lake Creek with Max and his brothers but never found his mate so when Max offered him the position of casino manager and the move to Adela, Terry jumped at the opportunity as he had exhausted his options for a mate back home and has never looked back.

Only last week Max lost his cool with a new employee of Terry's who had been employed to work the bar. Michael was from the Pine Cavern reservation and Max had accepted Terry's decision to trial him on the bar. He had experience working in the bar in town and Terry felt with his good looks and charming personality he would be a great addition to the team, offering the ladies a little bit of eye candy as their partners and husbands gambled the night away. 

The casino was a runaway success and full to capacity each and every night with forty gambling tables filling the vast space. Michael was working the first hour of his first shift and looked very handsome indeed whilst he placed several bottles of champagne into ice buckets placed on the bar top in readiness for the casino opening. He wore plain black trousers with a crisp tight short sleeved white shirt that strained against his muscular physique. His tailored look was complete with a smart black satin waistcoat and matching tie. His perfectly styled black hair and chiselled cheek bones made this werewolf one hot ticket primed and ready to welcome the exclusive clientele and encourage them to spend their wealth. Michael had looked towards the main entrance when he heard the door chime alerting him to someone entering the casino and he  watched as a gorgeous girl with black hair that flowed down to her waist sweep in and head straight towards him. A tall well built man wearing a black three piece suit followed a ways behind her but he made straight for the stairs that lead to the offices on the first floor. 

Raven had arrived and didn't Michael know it. He was speechless as this confident girl hopped up onto one of stools in front of him and ordered a club soda leaning over the mahogany bar top as Breaker shook his head in disbelief at her actions and headed up the open glass sided staircase to Max's office. Michael was on auto pilot and poured the beautiful girl's drink and Raven shot him a big smile and a cheeky wink as she took her first sip of the cool soda. Michael was floored by her beauty and couldn't take his eyes of her and Raven knew it. She loved how she could make guys swoon over her with just a wink in their direction and she revelled in how her presence made them weak to her flirtatious advances.