Chapter Five

Raven woke on the sofa with her father sat close by her. She sat up carefully and Max offered her a glass of ice cold water. Raven took a drink and handed him back the glass and Max placed it on the floor.

"What happened?" she asked Max looking dazed and trying to focus her eyes on her father.

"Well you fainted" Max told her raising his eyebrows and offering her a slight smile.

Realisation hit Raven as she remembered the last words her father spoke to her. Werewolf.

"FUCK OFF, your shitting me" she bellowed at Max and jumped up off the sofa.

"Hey watch your mouth young lady" Max chastised her.

"You expect me to believe that I am a giant stinking dog?" she shouted at him as Max flinched at the term dog.

"It's the truth and your not a dog, you are a werewolf. Big difference between them Raven" Max growled at her his anger beginning to show itself.

"Really of course I am" she spat at him rolling her eyes in disbelief.

"Yes you are a werewolf. I just wanted to give you a normal human childhood before I told you about all this and I was going to tell you after your eighteenth birthday but you have forced my hand with your behaviour and the fighting back home needs to be stopped before the elders intervene" Max told his daughter.

"The elders?" she said shaking her head in total bewilderment.

"When the day comes for me to step down as Alpha then you will take over my position as Alpha and rule the Lake Creek pack" Raven's mouth had gone dry and the metallic taste was revolting but she refused to move to get the glass of water from the side of her father.

"If this is a joke then it's not funny" Raven spoke softly.

"No joke Raven this is what you were born to do and why you are angry all the time, it's your inner wolf stirring" Max explained.

"My Inner wolf, ok I have a wolf growing inside of me as well" Raven said.

"Don't be ridiculous you don't have a wolf growing inside of you, like the way you think." Max said rolling his eyes at her.

"I'm the one being ridiculous, really. I don't think so some how" Raven shouted at him as she turned to walk away from Max.

"Wait" Max called her and Raven didn't know why but she did stop and turned around to face her father.

"What now" she shouted at him.

"The wolf It is part of you, half of your entire being and until you transform for the first time and  your Inner wolf is freed it lies dormant inside of you but you can still sense it. You can feel something deep down inside of you yearning for you to mate and release it. I know you can feel it Raven. Your anger builds and you have no idea why, you see a boy you quite like but all you can think of is what it would be like to give yourself to him. Something is pulling at your emotions and fighting for your attention and that sweetheart is your Inner wolf" Max explained.

"This is too much. You expect me to believe that I am a ferocious wild animal and that in my seventeen years on this earth I have never noticed anyone transforming into a werewolf or ever glimpsed anything that resembles one" Raven asked him.

"As the ruling Alpha of the Lake Creek pack, I have a gift Raven, well it's a power really, that I inherited when your grandfather passed away leaving the pack in my control. I have the ability to communicate with my pack through a mind link and I can command them to do exactly what I ask of them as their ruling Alpha." Max explained.