Chapter Thirty One

Raven was being held inside the Chapel with a dozen werewolves guarding her. The softly spoken woman who Raven thought was the leader of the men had stayed outside for most of the evening until she heard the ferocious growl through the cold night air alerting them all that the attack had begun on the Lake Creek pack and all the werewolves responded with a ear splitting growl of their own that actually hurt Ravens ears.

The woman walked slowly into the chapel and dismissed all twelve werewolves to guard the perimeter incase anyone got through their forest defense line and left Raven alone with the black haired woman who took a seat on the wooden bench behind her. Raven could see the full moon shining bright in the charcoal night sky through the beautiful window behind the altar. It really was such a lovely evening, it was just a shame that Raven was being held against her will by a lunatic woman and her pack of dogs.

"I can hear your thoughts you know" The woman informed Raven as she sat up straight behind Raven before the woman pulled Ravens hair and in turn her head forcefully backwards so she could see right into her thunderous eyes glaring back at her.

"Did your father never tell you not call our kind dogs" The woman asked her releasing her hair and allowing Raven to lift her head back up.

The woman stood up from the wooden bench behind Raven and took a seat across the aisle from her turning her body to face Ravens.

"What do you want from me?" Ravens timidly asked the woman.

"Oh nothing sweetheart, I don't want anything from you but Alpha Beaumont apparently does. I was happy just to kill you" She responded.

"Who the hell are you?" Raven asked her.

"I'm a werewolf who gets paid for doing the nasty work that no one else wants to do" she responded looking at Ravens glassy eyes.

"You wanna cry darling?" The woman teased her.

"Nope, you can read my mind so read my thoughts now. Bitch" Raven spat back as the woman sniggered at her.

"Do you know something Raven Chelsea Jenson, I offered to do this job for free when I heard it was taking down your father but Beaumont insisted on paying my fee and when I found out I would have the chance to take you down as well I was so excited that I couldn't wait to get here and insisted on not taking any payment" she explained.

"How do you know my full name?" Raven asked as the woman chuckled at this question.

"Have you not realised who I am yet sweetheart, same jet black hair, matching green eyes and pale skin and I can hear your thoughts. I'm your mother" The woman informed Raven and she stirred into the eyes of the woman who gave birth to her and then left her alone because she was too self absorbed to care about anyone but herself.

"My mothers dead" Raven spat at the woman and turned her body away from the woman and looked at the side of the chapel wall.

Raven was dragged off the wooden bench by her long hair and thrown across the chapel from this psychotic woman. Raven hit her head on the altar but didn't black out this time and she jumped back to her feet and readied herself for the woman who was running at her. Anna Jenson growled loudly as she reached for Raven but she dodged her advance and spun around so she was behind the woman and kicked her in the back which made the women's legged buckle from under her and Raven jumped onto her back. Raven wrapped her hands around her neck and squeezed her hands trying to strangle Anna but she wasn't strong enough to accomplish it and Anna pulled her fingers away from her neck and flipped Raven up over over her head slamming her down onto the cold marble floor and Raven was winded with the impact but wouldn't let this woman have the satisfaction of betting the better of her. Raven got back to her feet and faced the woman who was rubbing her neck with her hands and Raven could see blood on Anna's neck where her nails had pierced her skin and this made her smile a little.