Chapter Eight

Ravens big day arrived and with her fathers money she threw the most extravagant party the small town of Adela had ever seen. She decided to hold the part at the beach house and with the sheer amount of people who were invited she knew she would need more space so decided to hire a marquee and had it set it up on the beach directly in front of their house. She ordered thousands of dollars worth of decorations and special lighting was installed in the marquee. Raven insisted on a pit barbeque with a hog roast on the beach as well as hors d'oeuvres on arrival with Champagne a plenty to be served by silver service waiters hired for the evening at a cost of two thousand dollars per waiter. They would serve the guests and the chefs would be on hand to serve up the hog roast. 

This still did not get the forgiveness Max craved from his daughter as she knew her father was only doing this whole party thing out of guilt for hurting her and keeping her in the dark about her heritage and future. When Max looked at his daughter he saw the way Raven looked back at him. Fear and hurt burns out from behind her mother's green eyes and it broke his heart to think that she hated him. The look Raven gave him reminded Max of how Anna Jenson used to look at him but he knew he had brought this whole situation upon himself by allowing his temper to get the better of him and he had to get his baby girl to forgive him and trust him again.

Its Raven's special day and she wanted everything to be perfect. She was the hostess and the guest of honour so it had to be perfect. Max said she could spend as much money as she liked and Raven took him at his word. Firstly with the dress and she contacted Caroline Cruise to make her a one of kind baby blue dress, made for her and her only by a the well known designer from Seattle. Caroline Cruise was top of her field in ball gowns and event dresses and it would cost her father a little over ten thousand dollars when it was completed. Raven had the designer flown into the local airstrip in town for several fittings at their beach house with Breaker playing chauffer to Ms Cruise. 

Raven had tried explaining to Breaker when he questioned her about flying in a designer and the amount of money the dress cost that he had no idea about fashion and as he was a man, he would never understand that the perfect dress was essential for her day to be perfect. Breaker had just shrugged and ruffled her hair as he walked off to find Evelyn in the kitchen. He really did have a soft spot for Raven. She actually didn't care about the dress all that much, she just wanted to spend her fathers money and when he actually saw the strapless gown which was so low cut that it only just held her ample assets in place, she was sure he would be furious. He never liked her showing too much skin and with the hem only just covering her modesty she knew it would get a rise out of him. 

This was already a moment Raven was most looking forward too and this was the only way Raven thought of getting back at her father by hurting his wallet and embarrassing him in front of his family and pack. What she didn't know was that her father had already seen the dress and approved it. He was a very rich man and no matter how much money Raven spent it wouldn't even put a dent in the amount of money he had.

The party preparations were in full swing and in pure Raven Jenson style she grumbled to the house dressers who straight away were intimidated by her. She complained that the decorations were too small and that their were not enough of them to make the impact she had envisaged. She shouted at the head chef for the three tier cake being the wrong shade of baby blue as it now would not match her dress or the sparse decorations. The marquee team had finally turned up although a little later than they should have been and Raven chastised them for their tardiness but soon backed down as Kya, a local boy she knew from town was one of the team and they had history behind the bowling alley and his cheeky wink to Raven made her blush slightly so she let them head out back to get started on the marquee without any further grilling from her. 

The driveway had been dressed with thousands of tiny blue fairy lights to line the route to the entrance, the hallway was filled with pale blue and white flowers offering their guests a beautiful scent on the way in. The family room has been transformed into the heart of the party and really did look very classy and beautiful. Mrs Cookson had insisted upon a happy eighteenth birthday banner and balloons but Raven got her way and had them all made in baby blue and silver to match her theme. Baby blue and silver swaged voiles covered most of the ceiling in the family room and large chandeliers reflecting off the mirrors made the room twinkle like fairy dust. All the furniture had been moved out and a dance floor laid in front of where the DJ was setting up. There was a large table set up at the entrance to the family room where the birthday cake was place for all to see. The deck had been transformed with baby blue lighting and silver paper lanterns and flowers hung from the rail. Lights lead down the steps onto the beach and lead the way into the marquee and finally the chef manning the pit barbeque had a wooden decked area specially made for him to stand on to cook his amazing hog on the spit. Everything looked perfect and as Raven admired her handy work the handsome new employee of her father's came walking down the staircase but before he had even put both his feet on the hall floor he wished he hadn't bothered making an appearance at all.