Chapter One (A)

The werewolf elder council is a collective of five male and three female Immortal pure white werewolves. All were born destined to be secret keepers and rule the werewolf species. Legend has it that Unus was the first male pure white werewolf to ever walk the earth and he is said to be over five hundred years old and rules with an iron paw. He is feared by all of the werewolf species and everyone knows that if you get a visit from the elders nothing good will come of it. 

Unus is gifted with the power of mind control and has only ever used this gift in extreme circumstances. This has proved undeniably useful over the many years he ruled alone. If any werewolf or human objected to his intervention then he would make them do exactly what he asked by replacing their own thoughts with his own and commanding them to do what he had asked of them. He was alone for nearly one hundred years before he met Faith and it was love at first sight for them both. 

Faith was his soulmate and was destined to join him from the first breath she ever took. For centuries they walked the earth together, keeping their species a secret from the humans and only intervening in pack disputes if they saw a risk of exposure of their kind to the human world. Faith had the gift of incredible speed and unbeatable strength and she protected and supported Unus whole heartedly when called upon to do so. 

The werewolf race grew at an exceptional rate as did Unus and Faith's family. Faith had given birth to their second pup JJ which was short for Jasper Jenson when they first encountered the pure white werewolf twins Harris and Bulla Lawson who had spent centuries searching the earth for their destined family. Jasper joined his sister Pip who was already thirteen years old when he was born and lived as a human full time. She had not transformed into her Inner wolf form and was extremely jealous when at only six months old Jasper transformed into a beautiful charcoal Grey werewolf with a thick fur coat and spent his days running and training with the Lawson twins. 

The pups were not Immortal like their parents or the twins and Pip was Jealous of not the Immortality she didn't have but her brother's ability to transform into a werewolf at will. She was very much on the side lines and as her rage and jealousy of her parents, brother and the twins grew she disappeared one evening when the rest of her family slept and was never seen again. Jasper on the other hand settled with a female werewolf he married twenty years later called Alice who was from a small town surrounded with dense pine forests. They raised three beautiful pups and the grandparents Unus and Faith visited from time to time bringing the twins along but with self proclaimed Alpha's waging war on rival packs in a battle for power, It became more difficult to find the time and eventually the visits just stopped. 

Their destiny took precedence over their family ties and the four white werewolves took charge of their species and walked the earth commanding peace and in turn keeping the existence of the werewolf species a secret from the human race. Jasper lived to be a ripe old age of ninety eight when he passed away and his wife followed him six months later leaving their son and two daughters to continue their family line.

The twins had the power to manipulate the elements and Harris could summon and control any water within his line of sight and use the wind to hold back the fighting packs. Bulla had the power to create fire out of nowhere and earthquakes that shook the earth to the core. The twins were powerful warriors and with Faith's speed and strength, they were undeniably a force to behold. Immortality has given Unus and his companions hundreds of years of life with thousands more still to live and over the next several decades more Immortal white werewolves were drawn to the original four and soon became the unstoppable eight with the arrival of Shade, Hanna, Keto and lastly the smallest and youngest of the immortal creatures Milo and the council was formed. 

Between the final four they had brought with them the gift of seeing into the future which Shade used to stop several pack wars before they even got started. Hanna was special and had the power to give life or take life away. This was a dangerous gift and in the wrong hands could be deadly but Hanna was a kind sole and rarely ever used her power to kill. Keto brought the power to heal werewolves with only his touch and found his gift invaluable on their travels but mainly using his gift to fix up the clumsy twins whenever their powers got the better of them. Milo had the power to shield and by using his mind to create an invisible force-field around himself and others made him an impenetrable force, Milo also had the gift to feel for truth and knew instantly if he was being lied too.

The council of elders were rarely seen in their physical form and preferred to rule from a distance. Although the elders were Immortal their was only one way that they could be killed and this was by decapitation so as long as they kept their heads they would remain alive. Shade would see a future attack coming in his mind's eye and Unus would mind link the werewolves in the vision and try to diffuse the situation before it actually occurred. If no resolution could be found then Unus meets with the other council elders and a decision on an outcome is decided and their ruling is law.

Unus gives the guilty werewolf one more chance to agree to cease with their indiscretion or feel the wrath of the elders. If the werewolf still continues to ignore the elders commands then and only then would a visit in person be in order and that is when the other gifted seven elders come into their own. When all eight pure white werewolf elders make an appearance to deal with the uncooperative werewolf the culprit knows they have crossed the line and the elders do not take kindly to acts of war and disobedience. Unus has no patience for rule breakers and If their species is at risk of exposure to the human race with unwanted attention from their kind then their life can be taken in order to protect their species. 

Their fierce reputation shook fear into the hearts of all of their kind and no werewolf in their right mind ever wanted to get on the wrong side of an elder. Some werewolves have been stupid enough to gain the elders attention for the wrong reasons and for that they have regretted their actions. If you caught the council on a good day then you was very lucky and the werewolf in question may only be warned and multiple offenders are sentenced to life imprisonment but that's not the worse outcome available to the offender as the unlucky werewolf can have their life taken away by Hanna the death dealer and this gives other werewolves a stark warning to uphold the elders most sacred laws of peace and secrecy.

The elders over saw the town clean up and burials of the fallen in their wolf forms and once all the humans had been buried and the town cleared of all evidence of an attack, the elders left the town and the werewolves disbursed separately as commanded to do so by the elder Unus. No one has ever refused an elders command and even an Alpha who is the most powerful in his pack cannot refuse a command given to him by an elder. Werewolves all over the world went into hiding on the command of the council of werewolf elders and the law of not transforming in the presence of humans was created.

In the early nineteenth century and with the werewolves in hiding, the war started to fizzle out and humans began to lose interest in hunting the invisible creatures of the night. Every human who initiated the hundred year war died of old age and by the mid nineties the tales of the red eyed beasts who pray on the weak human race where just bedtime stories. Tales of myths and legends told by humans to scare each other late into the night and embellished over the years to Include witches, vampires and menacing ghosts. 

The hundred year war was also just another tall tale told by humans to amuse each other and no werewolves or humans had to live in fear of being attacked anymore and the werewolves settled in forests and reservations around the globe. The werewolves felt safe in their packs and only transformed into their wolf forms when not in sight of humans which they quickly came to realise was under the cover of darkness and the stories of werewolves howling at the moon were born. As time moved on they rebuilt their packs to be bigger and stronger than ever before and were known within the human race as tribal families and gained the reputation of being peace loving people. 

Over time they carefully integrated themselves back into human society always keeping their werewolf forms and their heritage a secret. The elder council continued to keep a close eye on the situation as it unfolded and vowed never to allow alliances with werewolves and humans again and interspecies breeding was made illegal with punishment by death with no second chances offered.