Chapter Six (A)

Max couldn't believe what she had done to her hair, it was electric blue all the way down to her waist and her red knee length coat was a total contrast with the blue. The sleeves of the coat hid her ink but her new nose piercing was clear to see. Breaker's mouth fell open and he saw Maxwell Jenson tense next to him. His body started to tremble and he balled up his fists at his sides trying to calm himself down.

"What the fuck Raven. Where the hell have you been and what have you done to your fucking hair" Max growled at his daughter.

"Too many questions father" Raven replied walking towards the three stunned faces and Max spotted the silver jewellery in her nose.

"What the hell is that in your nose?" Max bellowed at her and Raven laughed at her furious father and stunned Evelyn and Breaker.

"Do you like it father? I gave myself a makeover. You know now that I'm a Werewolf and engaged to be married to a boy I have yet to fucking meet" She said rolling her eyes and laughing at her father as she pushed past him.

Breaker slowly backed out of the hallway and with not taking his eyes off Max, he grabbed the hand of a gobsmacked Evelyn and pulled her with him past Raven and through the family room into the kitchen. Max headed into the family room and grabbed hold of Raven's arm and pulled her along with him over to the sofa's. He threw her down onto the seat and took his place next to her.

"Raven, I wanted to have a civilised conversation with you about everything I told you last night but look at you, your out of control and this is not normal behaviour. I wanted to finish telling you about our family but obviously that is not going to happen" Max dropped his head into his hands and Raven started laughing. Max was astonished by her behaviour but could smell the liquor oozing out of his daughter's pores.

"How much have you had to drink?" he asked her.

"Not enough" she smugly replied and Max shook his head in disbelief. She was in full destruction mode. Obviously not alright with the news of her being a werewolf.

"You may think that you are an adult but you are acting really Immature and it's dangerous for you and the rest of us. You have to be really careful and not tell anyone about you being a werewolf" Max told her.

"All you fucking care about is your pack and your secret. You are a piece of shit and I hate you" Raven spat at him trying to stand up.

"You nasty little bitch. What the hell has happened to you?" Max bellowed at his daughter pulling her back down to sit beside him.

"I was born" Raven spat at him.

"You are grounded and until you obey my rules and show me respect you will stay grounded" Max growled at her.

"I will not be told what I can or can't do by a DOG. I am in control of my own life. You are so full of shit King Mutt, keep the secret, protect your pack, marry a stranger" Raven rose up from the sofa and stormed away from the furious Alpha. She pushed through into the kitchen and slammed the door closed behind her.

"You nasty piece of work. DO NOT CALL ME A MUTT" he growled.

Breaker and Mrs Cookson were stood by the kitchen sink when Max flew in behind her and Breaker pulled Mrs Cookson out the side door that lead into the laundry room. Raven was now seated at the table rocking her chair back on only two of its four legs and her smug grin was not doing anything to calm the angry Alpha down. He stood only a few feet away from her and with the alcohol still coursing through her veins, Raven felt invincible. She raised both her arms up and pushed up the sleeves of her coat, she turned her wrists around showing her father the clear wrap on bot her wrists. At first he thought she may had attempted to take her own life but when he got closer and she pulled the clear wrap from around her right wrist, he saw the small bumblebee tattoo. Max looked into Ravens amused eyes with disbelief plan to see on his own face as he glanced at her left wrist as she pulled the clear wrapping from around it and when he saw a black werewolf inked into her skin, the full blown wrath of the Alpha was released.

Max lifted Raven by her throat with only one hand up off her chair and kicked it from underneath her smashing it to pieces. The sound made Mrs Cookson come flying back through the laundry room door with a nervous Breaker on her heels. Max had Raven in mid air with a strong grip around her neck and she was grabbing at his arms trying to get him to release his grip on her throat so she could get some air into her deflating lungs.

"You got a fucking tattoo of a werewolf, you stupid bitch, you have no idea what harm you can do if just one person finds out our secret you could kill everyone, you could start a war with your stupidity" Max was terrifying.

Max was going to kill his daughter and Evelyn ran over to the pair and pulled at his arms but Max shook her off. Breaker tried to get Evelyn to back away but she continued to try to grab at Max's arms. She has never seen Maxwell this furious with his daughter and the tears were streaming from Evelyn's eyes and down her blood red face. She could see Raven gasping for breath and Eve screamed at Max to let go of her. Neither Max or Breaker had ever heard Evelyn shout this loud and Max did as she asked and let go of his daughter. He threw Raven backwards like she was just garbage he was throwing out and her head was the first thing to connect with the solid stone wall.

The crack was a sickening noise and heard by everyone in the kitchen as a large blood splatter was left behind on the wall as Raven slid lifeless down the wall onto the floor. Her limp body landed awkwardly in a heap and her right arm buckled underneath her and a snap was heard as it buckled under her own weight. Breaker grabbed hold of his boss and held onto him as he tried to make for Raven again and Mrs Cookson raised her voice again for Max to stop but Breaker was losing his grip on him so Evelyn stood in front of Raven with her hands out in front of her to stop him advancing and hurting her further.

Max looked at Evelyn and saw the pain on her face and the tears streaming from her eyes and It paused him just long enough for Breaker to tighten his grip on Max and pull him away from Evelyn and Raven. Max shook Breaker off of him and stormed out of the kitchen, down the hall and out through the front door. They were all silent in the kitchen as they heard the screech of the tyres of Max's Ford Ranger heading out of the driveway at speed. Breaker just stood looking at the scene in front of him. Evelyn was pulling Raven into her lap. Breaker had seen his boss lose it before but never with his own daughter to this extent. Raven slowly opened her eyes and whimpered at the pain surging through her head and arm and Evelyn helped Raven to get to her feet. Raven pushed Evelyn away from her as she unsteadily moved her feet forward. Evelyn tried to help her but again she shoved her away and passed by Breaker not looking at him and made her way out of the kitchen.

They heard Raven slowly climb the stairs, then they heard Ravens bedroom door close. Breaker Insisted that Evelyn give her a moment to herself and made about cleaning up the mess that Max had caused. After about an hour Evelyn couldn't be held back any longer and headed upstairs with a medical kit in hand. She tried the door handle to see if it was locked but it opened and Evelyn walked straight into the bedroom. She found her little girl sat in a chair by the window looking out at the night sky with the moon lighting up the water that rippled onto the shore. Raven had her legs tucked up next to her on the chair and Evelyn saw the large gash on the back of her head, it looked deep but the blood had clotted and stopped seeping out but her hair was matted with the gooey redness. Mrs Cookson cleaned up Raven's head the best she could and splinted her arm trying with all her strength to not cry at the damage Max had inflicted on his own daughter. Raven didn't say a word while Evelyn attended to her injuries and only offered her an small smile when she had finished. Mrs Cookson left Raven alone after handing her a couple of painkillers and a bottle of water and said she would check in on her later. She kissed Raven goodnight on her forehead and left her to contemplate her future.