Chapter Nineteen

It was bitterly cold outside and Zac could see his own breath as he looked into the clear night sky and admired the full moon which was the closest he had seen it to earth ever before. The twinkling stars offered additional lighting while Zachery Green looked for Samuel Beaumont in the clearing behind the Jenson's cabin and he head towards the area were Max Jenson's helicopter had landed. It was nearer to the forest than to the cabin and he hurried along pulling his suit jacket tighter around himself to keep whatever heat he had close to his skin. It was freezing and he was sure there would be frost on the ground when they awoke in the morning. 

He spotted a figure walking around the helicopter up ahead and knew straight away it was Samuel. He changed his stride to a jog and arrived at Samuel's side just as he turned around to see who's footsteps were approaching and was surprised to see it was Zachery.

"Oh hey" Samuel said looking at the ground.

"Hey" Zac replied copying his action.

"Did they send you to find me?" Samuel asked him.

"Yes, well no not really. I wanted to come and find you" Zac said stuttering slightly.

"Why?" he asked.

"I don't really know Samuel" he stated shaking his head "I just wanted to see you I guess" he continued shrugging his shoulders.

"It's Sam" and he smiled at Zac showing off his perfect pearly white teeth and a dimple in his right cheek that Zac hadn't noticed at their first meeting.

Zac smiled back at this gorgeous boy stood with his arms folded across his chest defensibly. It was a protection stance and a reaction to Zac's unexpected arrival.

"Well, what can I do for you Zac?" Samuel asked him a little cockily but actually he was extremely nervous and this behaviour was coming across as arrogant.

Zac had no idea what to say to this smug looking boy so he just stepped closer to Sam and reached for his hand, he pulled Sam's arms away from his chest and the electricity shot between them. The sparks flew within the pair and Sam took hold of Zac's hands and pulled him closer to him. Sam was trembling and not with the cold, he had never felt any of the feelings he was experiencing in this moment and neither had Zac. 

They both stood under the moonlight holding each others hands and both knew in that moment they were destined to be together. Sam was a little taller than Zac but not by much and as they looked into each others eyes an invisible rope tightened around them and bonded them together. They were millimeters apart now and it was Zac that took the next step first and leaned forward placing his lips gently onto Sam's and it was like fireworks were going off inside the pair. 

As there kiss deepened their arms wrapped around each other and both became breathless with the ferocious kiss and Zac pulled out first but only to catch his breath and he noticed movement in the tree's behind Samuel. Sam had heard the sound of the earth crunching underneath someone or something's feet in the forest but as the pair looked towards the noise they both saw a large Grey werewolf pad out from the forest line and move into the clearing with sparkling hazel eyes staring at them. Zac pushed Sam behind him and stood protectively in front of him as the bright eyes glared back at them menacingly and Sam gripped hold of Zac's shoulders in support. Sam began walking backwards pulling Zac along with him and when they had enough distance between them and the werewolf in front of them, they turned around and walked speedily to the cabin. 

They checked that the werewolf wasn't following behind them but had no idea who it was as Zac didn't recognise the werewolf from the Lake Creek pack and Samuel didn't recognise it from the Seattle pack but they knew they had been seen by someone. They were quiet but content walking together and were loving the feeling the energy connecting them made them feel as one. They knew that from this day forward there lives would never be the same again and when the cabin was close enough to see the orange glow coming through the windows Zac released Sam's hand from his grip and both boys were not happy with the loss of contact.