Chapter Thirty Four

Maxwell Jenson had spent the last hour pacing back and forth in the corridor awaiting news on the condition of both his daughter and his friend who was unconscious when they carried him into the hospital. His stress level was through the roof and without even knowing if the Elders have terminated Marcus's life force he decided to keep Samuel nearby. Samuel and Zac where huddled together in the corner fast asleep when Evelyn bounded in through the hospital doors dragging a semi conscious Marcus with her. 

Both the boys shot to their feet with the sound of her arrival as Max turned and took in the sight before him. Evelyn was literally half carrying half dragging Marcus along with her. She looked exhausted as she motioned for the boys to come take hold of Marcus. They took Marcus's weight between them and Evelyn let out a huge sigh of being relieved from carrying Marcus. 

Max walked towards her and she locked her gaze with his. Both took on a glazed look as the Alpha was mind linked with Evelyn. Mind linking with the Alpha was the easiest and quickest way of updating him on the Elders departure and the fate of the Beaumont brothers and as Evelyn explained everything to Max, he visibly calmed right before her eyes. The boys watched on nervously as the pair shared there silent conversation and hoped that the appearance of Marcus was a good sign for Sam, that the Elders have sparred both the brothers lives. 

After Milo searched Marcus's mind, it was very clear to him and the Elders that neither Marcus nor Samuel had any knowledge of the attack his father and mother had orchestrated against the Lake Creek pack and the Elders themselves. Marcus showed no malice towards the Lake Creek pack whatsoever or the Elders themselves, he only feared the Elders wrath and feared for his own and his brothers life. Marcus showed no ambition of being an Alpha leader at all, not even for his own pack back in Seattle.

In fact Marcus's mind only showed the utter distaste and hatred he holds for his parents, for how they behaved on a daily basis with his fellow pack members and both himself and his brother Samuel. Marcus loved his brother more than anything else in this world and this was clear to Milo as he searched through the boys thoughts. Marcus would do anything to make sure that brother was healthy and happy and had on many an occasion protected him from their parents wrath. There was no intent to harm anyone in his thoughts and this cleared the brothers of any wrong doing and in fact saved their lives. 

The Elders have given their blessing to welcome the Beaumont brothers into the Lake Creek pack and left immediately after the decision was finalized with a promise to their granddaughter Evelyn to see her very soon.

Zac and Samuel were struggling to keep Marcus upright as the unspoken conversation between Evelyn and Maxwell concluded with a small smile and a nod of reassurance to one another. Max turned to the boys just as Marcus fell forward out of the boys grip and Max caught him, taking his full weight, much to Samuel an Zac's relief. 

The surgeon, Christie Jameson, a very skilled healer appeared behind them with Dr. Hemlock ready to provide an update on their patients. Christie immediately took in the sight of the now unconscious boy in the arms of Max and grabbed a stretcher from the side of the corridor. she Instructed the boys to lift him onto trolley before she wheeled him away, through the trauma doors with Zac and Samuel following closely behind her.

Dr. Hemlock cleared his throat before he began his download to the Alpha on the injured pack members. He informed Max that sixteen of his pack members have been patched up and released to self heal in there own homes and the rest of the more seriously injured remain under observation in the hospital, after various surgeries and treatments have been performed. He informed the Alpha that the pack members who were in hiding in the hospital when the pack was attacked have now all returned to there families and he continued to inform the Alpha of the fatalities but was interrupted mid speech by the Alpha.