Chapter Nine

Grayson head to his room to get changed for the party but couldn't get Raven out of his mind. He thought back to the last time he could remember seeing Raven at Lake Creek and he must have been only around nine years old and he remembers the mass of jet black hair that fell below her waist but he also remembered that she had dull sad green eyes and sat alone on the deck outside their families cabin on the reservation. He asked his uncle Lucas if her name was Raven because of the colour of her hair and his uncle just responded with a maybe and a shrug but watched as his nephew noticed the girl more and more and took his parenting duties seriously warning Grayson not to even think about bothering the Alpha's daughter as she was off limits.

Gray had responded to his uncle saying he was just curious but Lucas knew that look Gray had in his eyes and it was the same look he had when he first clapped eyes on Abbey and it was not the look of a boy who was not interested in the girl. He had to keep his nephew as far away from the Alpha's daughter as possible as it really wasn't worth the trouble his chasing after her would cause him with his friend the over protective Alpha. Raven came to the cabin every weekend with her father, his driver and their housekeeper but she spent her days sat on the deck never mixing with any of the children on the reservation. She never seemed to want any friends and looked happy sat watching everyone else play together or reading on the deck swing. The other children said it was because her mother Anna the pack Luna had died when she was younger and that she has never got over the loss of her mother but others said that she was just a very angry little girl who nobody liked and were actually terrified of her as her father was the Pack Alpha but Gray had thought that she looked terrified and maybe that's why she never left the safety of the cabin. He never did pluck up the courage to head on over to her and say hello so he just watched her from a distance when he came to visit and watched her grow more beautiful every time he saw her. Even back then he felt a pull towards to this girl, a curiosity he didn't understand but only watched her from the cover of the forest.

Lucas Bellows was Grayson's guardian and continually warned him for years to stay away from Raven, that she wasn't worth the damage that his friend Max would do to him if he messed around with this girl. Grayson had spent every weekend with his aunt and uncle at Lake Creek since he was around seven years old after his parents died in a boating accident and he was placed in the care of his Mother's brother Lucas and his wife Abbey. Grayson was an awkward boy in his youth and quite gangly but very confident and already had a keen eye for the girls. He had continued to attend the reservation boarding school in Seattle and Lucas made the two hundred mile trip to Seattle every Friday to collect Gray from school and bring him back with him to Lake Creek to spend quality family time together until he drove him back late Sunday evening. Grayson liked school and concentrated on his studies and sailed through college and university two years ahead of his expected graduation date.

Grayson was gorgeous and had needs and a thirst for the girls to quench and back in Seattle on campus he was known as the king of one night stands, a bit of a player but had never found any girl he wanted to settle down with. Lucas and Abbey had impressed on him that he must show girls respect and treat them like a fine wine, savour the time you have with them and Gray took this advice on board and it worked a treat for him. Girls lapped it up, his gentlemanly ways of opening a car door for a girl and assisting her when she climbed out of the car. He always paid the restaurant bill on a date and he would even offer a girl his jacket if she was cold. His conquests where well known back in Seattle but Gray had never felt about any of them the way he had just felt with Raven.

Gray pulled on his skinny black jeans and crisp white shirt and looped on his black satin tie to finish off his look. He added gel to his hair and pulled on a pair of converse, casual but smart and headed downstairs for a drink before the guests arrived. He headed over to the bar and Max was well onto his third Bourbon as he greeted Grayson again with a handshake and Gray ordered a bottled beer.